Walker's Manual

Eridon855

Hello Guys,

It's great  to finally become a member on this site!! :)

I have searched the web for any Walker's Manual edition and so far i have found nothing for sale . :( :(

I was wondering if there is any guy on this forum who has migrated from the nano-cap stocks to small/large -cap equities and is willing to sell his Manual (ANY edition).

I appreciate any offer!!

Do you mind if I ask why are you looking for them ? what information is on that manual that you can't find on the companies website/SEC filings ? I'm just curious cause I have no idea what's those manuals are.

EDIT : OK did a quick google search, found out what those manuals are, I guess people try to contact those companies and get the current financials ? and how do you find a seller ?

Hello Guys,

It's great  to finally become a member on this site!! :)

I have searched the web for any Walker's Manual edition and so far i have found nothing for sale . :( :(

I was wondering if there is any guy on this forum who has migrated from the nano-cap stocks to small/large -cap equities and is willing to sell his Manual (ANY edition).

I appreciate any offer!!

Hello:

I believe that I have every modern edition...including the bank manuals. 

If there is a particular company you are interested in, I would be happy to scan it and make a PDF for you.

I bought most of mine off of Ebay.  I noticed that the versions I got off of Ebay came out of libraries.

I bought the 6th edition on Ebay a few years ago as well. I don't think there's much supply anymore though.

Honestly, I don't think the manual adds that much value anymore. The financial information is 15+ years old now and roughly half the companies aren't around anymore. You can create your own treasure hunt quite easily by going to OTCMarket's company directory, selecting "OTC Pink No Information" under "Tier" and then going through the list. It is pretty safe to ignore all the companies that are trading below $0.01. I don't think I've ever found any reputable company trading below a penny in the time I've browsed the website.

Then try to get financial information. Some companies post annual reports and press releases on their website. The most interesting and cheapest ones don't. For those, buy one share or a few shares and contact the company. Some respond, some don't. You might start receiving annual reports in the mail forwarded by your broker. Make sure you have/get a broker that forwards mail or provides these materials electronically. A few bargains might turn up from time to time. I must say that even among dark companies the pickings seem pretty slim right now. I think it is currently easier to find cheap companies in Asia and Australia that are fully public.

• 11 months later...

I agree with the sentiment above regarding the irrelevance of having an old copy of Walker's Manual, but if you want to see it one for yourself without paying an arm and a leg on eBay, check out for free the 2000 Edition of Walker's Manual (register and you can e-borrow):

https://archive.org/details/walkersmanualofu00walk

Btw does anyone half intel on Ojai Oil? I know their main asset is a chain of storage unit facilities in SoCal, I tried to grab a share to get the financial but order wasn't filled.

Keep in mind that combing the pink-sheets is digging in dog-sh1te.

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/070313/use-caution-trading-pink-sheet-stocks.asp

If the firm could not make/maintain a listing requirement, do you really want to be in it?

If the firm (Nestle, etc.) is actually listed elsewhere (just not in the US), is it really 'unlisted'?

Investors prefer to trade on a listed exchange because there is far more investor protection.

Trading a pink sheet is akin to trading on a back street exchange, and hoping the other side is going to be honest with you.

It is not in their interest.

SD

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/070313/use-caution-trading-pink-sheet-stocks.asp

If the firm could not make/maintain a listing requirement, do you really want to be in it?

If the firm (Nestle, etc.) is actually listed elsewhere (just not in the US), is it really 'unlisted'?

Investors prefer to trade on a listed exchange because there is far more investor protection.

Trading a pink sheet is akin to trading on a back street exchange, and hoping the other side is going to be honest with you.

SD

I'm really cool with this attitude. It means that those pink sheet, unlisted companies that are worth buying will trade at a deeper discount then they otherwise would. The better for me to buy, my dear.

SD

I'm really cool with this attitude. It means that those pink sheet, unlisted companies that are worth buying will trade at a deeper discount then they otherwise would. The better for me to buy, my dear.

Only so long as it doesn't BK next week!

SD

SD

SD

I've had a number of bankruptcies in listed stocks. I cannot remember any in unlisted. I'm certainly not suggesting buying indiscriminately, but information can be found, and it is all the more valuable when it takes some digging.

SD

SD

I've had a number of bankruptcies in listed stocks. I cannot remember any in unlisted. I'm certainly not suggesting buying indiscriminately, but information can be found, and it is all the more valuable when it takes some digging.

++ and there are a few individuals here on COBF who have unearthed some dirt crusted, uncut gems (u know who u r.)