What would happen if everyone puts their performance records in signatures?

clutch

Of course, I'm assuming people will be honest and use the same method to calculate the past performance.

But would this be a good / bad thing for the board like this?

At a superficial level, this will help people decide which person's idea they should value / neglect more. So this could be a good thing in terms of helping everyone maximize their returns.

On the other hand, my feeling is that this will instill a dominance hierarchy within the board - people with better records will be respected more, and hence encouraged to post more, etc., while people with bad records will be ignored and disrespected, etc.  ::)  There would be even greater survivorship bias, and eventually the benefits of having diverse opinions would disappear...

Anyways, I thought it would be interesting...

Of course, I'm assuming people will be honest and use the same method to calculate the past performance.

But would this be a good / bad thing for the board like this?

At a superficial level, this will help people decide which person's idea they should value / neglect more. So this could be a good thing in terms of helping everyone maximize their returns.

On the other hand, my feeling is that this will instill a dominance hierarchy within the board - people with better records will be respected more, and hence encouraged to post more, etc., while people with bad records will be ignored and disrespected, etc.  ::)  There would be even greater survivorship bias, and eventually the benefits of having diverse opinions would disappear...

Anyways, I thought it would be interesting...

I view just having my holdings in my signature as a way to keep me intellectually honest.

On the flip side it exposes me to anchoring & a reluctance to change course in the event of a mistake (don't want to look like an idiot even though this may be unavoidable in my case...)

Nobody would listen to a word I have to say.....

:D

Everyone would listen to me, because I'd put that I have earned 300% per year for 50 years!

But seriously I think there would be a lot of performance inflation if this were required.