Register as RIA

jawn619

I remember a few people were looking to register as an RIA.

I went through the process, have an RIA with $500k of AUM and was thinking of starting a business like RIA in a box that helps others do it too (but for a fraction of their price). I've found that having an RIA and real track record via smas to be the easiest and cheapest way to great credibility when in front of allocators. Wanted to see if anyone had interest or questions on the process.

Nice offer there, $2.5 million for 49%.  I'd take it.

With 500k AUM ( 1 percent AUM usually market value).  I'll offer you 2,500k for 49 percent of your company( you can have control).  I'll value add through my private business work.

Nice offer there, $2.5 million for 49%.  I'd take it.

With 500k AUM ( 1 percent AUM usually market value).  I'll offer you 2,500k for 49 percent of your company( you can have control).  I'll value add through my private business work.

Haha.  I'm actually quite interested.  49 percent for 2.5k so i can consolidate in the private holding company. I'll even add to his AUM if he wants to sell enough so i can consolidate.  The private to public arb is widening.  I found a local business with the building included that i'm doing DD on.  With 4x ebitda for business (maybe scalable) and the building that is more on fair value side. But will migrate my downside if operator of business doesn't maintain.  My only concern is i don't believe i can value add to the business. But its 4x ebitda..... But i don't believe TVA is there. It's always tough when TVA is not obvious.

Were there any particular sources (books/websites) you found helpful to the process?

For the private business's? Good website is www.bizbuysell.com.  Local broker i know.  Invest like the best podcast had a gentlemen on that was very insightful. I don't recall his name.  Process always comes down to your value add.  Start there and go down the rabbit hole.

Oh i forgot you can network like a madman with the public micro cap network. This Phenomena has grown exponentially.  Most started as bloggers then came the conferences. Then came the membership to become a member to a exclusive club via newsletter or subscription based business. Maybe can get access to some public micro cap deal flow if add enough value to the main organizers and players of the public micro cap network phenomena. Sitestar is the first creation of  the PMCN.  There are others mainly lone wolfs though.  Less Regulation here so the insiders should discern accordingly with the deal flow...

• 2 weeks later...