A Visit to Tradeville - About Hubris and the "Boris" syndrome

John Hjorth

Exactly two weeks ago I posted on this board:

INVE A.STO

A lot of it, this morning, as a trade on the 1st quarter 2017 reporting for Investor AB with regard to reported Net Asset Value end of March 2017, where I expect a material increase, perhaps as much as SEK 30B, primarily related to wholly owned Mölnlycke. 1st quarter report will be out 24th April at 12:00 CET.

If interested, please take a look at the powerpoints in the clip from the Investor AB Capital Market Day held in Stockholm on 30th March 2017, especially the powerpoints at the 0:40:38 mark. [You can see the powerpoints if you do not run the clip in full screen mode, and you can navigate the clip by just clicking on the powerpoints.]

I will roll the position back to full long term position, with proceeds back in to cash, no later than end May this year.

Perhaps the conglomarate discount on Investor will just increase materially. I will for sure find out.

It was a "reporting bet" - exactly 2 weeks ago - nothing expected to be changed - except reporting.

What has happened? :

INVE A has moved from SEK 177.90 to SEK 196.90, within exatly two weeks - that's a 183,47 percent gain - on annual basis - within two weeks.

What have I done?:

Absolutely nothing.

Here is what I could have done, beside nothing:

a. Put a sales order in the market, instead of keeping my nose at the monitor for several days.

b. Ask the Lady of the House out for lunch, instead  of keeping  my nose at the monitor the whole day today,

c. Ask the Lady of the House out for dinner, in stead of keeping my nose at the monitor the wole day today.

What happened at Nasdaq OMX Sweden closing today?:

I got hit by hubris - The Boris syndrome.

After that, I checked out the US market - SAN was up closer to 7 per cent than 6 per cent [A larger position than INVE A]...

- - - o 0 o - - -

Time to get back to investing ...

Considering that pretty much all my Euro stocks are +4-5% today, I think you have French to thank for your trading hubris.

Exactly, but anyway not. By that , I suppose, that you measure your day-today  return is measured for you in USD by your broker.

Yes. I haven't looked at what currencies did.

Considering that pretty much all my Euro stocks are +4-5% today, I think you have French to thank for your trading hubris.

Exactly, but anyway not. By that , I suppose, that you measure your day-today  return is measured for you in USD by your broker.

Yes. I haven't looked at what currencies did.

Actually lot today, Jurgis. - All those moving wheels!