Frickin' Site Was Down Again!

Parsad

Hi Folks,

No idea what happened this time, but the site was down for most of the day!

On Saturday, the website host had a problem with the server we were on, when their drive and mirror drive both failed.  They moved us to another server and I thought things were fixed.

Today, I spent the better part of 3 hours trying to convince them that something was wrong, as I could not access the site, and they kept telling me they could!  Finally, they realized something was wrong after I sent them numerous screen shots.  I'm still not sure what went wrong, but it may be time to upgrade the forum once again.  I will keep you in the loop!

That being said, I believe they had to reload from the database at an earlier time, so we may have lost some posts as well as a couple of member registrations.  I can't fix the posts, but will follow up with those that paid their registration fee and get them all set up.

Once again, thanks for being patient!  If you could do me a favour:  If you had problems accessing the site today, please reply to this thread with a quick post.

Cheers!

Sanjeev

There may be some other things happening and I'm guessing it's not affecting all members equally. For example:

Today I was getting email notifications of posts but the site would not load until about 8 PM EST. So the site was was working for some members but not others.

At around 8PM the site would not load, I showed as logged in but I could not see any posts or threads.

Right now, around 10 PM EST, the site loads and I can see threads. However I cannot see recent posts I know exist because I have email notifications: for example posts on the GM, SCHO.CPH, and Garth Turner - Real Estate in Canada threads.

I'm not complaining, just hoping my feedback will partly help to fix the problem.

Edit: It appears I cannot see any posts between end of March 31st and the first post on this thread.

There may be some other things happening and I'm guessing it's not affecting all members equally. For example:

Today I was getting email notifications of posts but the site would not load until about 8 PM EST. So the site was was working for some members but not others.

At around 8PM the site would not load, I showed as logged in but I could not see any posts or threads.

Right now, around 10 PM EST, the site loads and I can see threads. However I cannot see recent posts I know exist because I have email notifications: for example posts on the GM, SCHO.CPH, and Garth Turner - Real Estate in Canada threads.

I'm not complaining, just hoping my feedback will partly help to fix the problem.

Edit: It appears I cannot see any posts between end of March 31st and the first post on this thread.

Yeah, I don't think those posts can be retrieved because they had to load an earlier saved copy of the database when restoring.  So any posts from the 1st, 2nd or 3rd aren't there anymore.  Cheers!

Same as above.  Was out from approx 11am till not sure, but now appears up at ~10pm, all EST.

I had a burning question, insight requiring question and was hoping to look through here for some ideas/inspiration.  Alas, just went with my gut.

I experienced the same mentioned before in this topic. Thanks for getting it fixed, Sanjeev. I'm sorry for your loss of time on this mishap out of your control.

rb mentioned some posts lost in some topics, among others in the SCHO.CPH topic. For my part, i'll just repost as a "repair" post. No big deal.

The site for me keeps switching between current content (with today's posts) and the 2015 content (latest posts from 2015 and nothing newer). This happened multiple times today back and forth. In same browser. Is this happening to others too?

I'm afraid that something is still broken and we may lose the site again (and possibly content if not backed up).