Ridiculous CNN Money "Breaking News"

I just want to vent about needless alarming (and "fake news" - though it's real, it isn't important).

If you go to CNN Money, at the top of the page there is a red banner that says:

"Breaking News

Dow closes with a 44-point loss, Nasdaq slips 0.3%. Airline stocks struggle, with United Continental falling 5%."

Why is a fraction of a percent gain/or loss "breaking news"? This happens a lot too. Shouldn't "breaking news" be used for something, ugh, important? And the media wonders why they've lost some trust with folks.

I just want to vent about needless alarming (and "fake news" - though it's real, it isn't important).

"Breaking News

Dow closes with a 44-point loss, Nasdaq slips 0.3%. Airline stocks struggle, with United Continental falling 5%."

Why is a fraction of a percent gain/or loss "breaking news"? This happens a lot too. Shouldn't "breaking news" be used for something, ugh, important? And the media wonders why they've lost some trust with folks.

To their credit, they didn't say "Dow Plummets"

I've become desensitized to the whole "breaking news" "plummeting" "catastrophic" media/politician/dewshnozzle BS...

"Breaking News

To their credit, they didn't say "Dow Plummets"

I've become desensitized to the whole "breaking news" "plummeting" "catastrophic" media/politician/dewshnozzle BS...

"Breaking News" used to mean something exciting or extraordinary just happened, but now it is just whatever is happening at the moment even if it isn't much of anything.