Swedish Police - Fox news filmmaker is a mad man

NewbieD

[police says he answered other questions than what's shown in the fox segment about Swedish crime]

http://www.dn.se/kultur-noje/nyheter/swedish-police-featured-in-fox-news-segment-filmmaker-is-a-madman/

[fake news factories driven by poor guys in Macedonia, buying jeans for the american clicks]

http://www.dn.se/nyheter/varlden/from-this-basement-came-a-piece-of-fake-news-about-who-had-desecrated-a-church-in-sweden/

Not directly investment related, but to me it seems we are approaching a Point in a few years where politics could have real influence on investment values, unless more people start caring whats true and not.

Wikipedia is a nice source, hard to beat when it comes to truth:)

Yes, it's not perfect with all immigrants. Some of them have lousy views of women in particular, and not all are trainable for work it seems. It was a big difference in the last 'batches' compared to earlier rounds. Probably because more of the smart and educated people fled earlier.

We'll probably have to live with remains of this for the forseeable future. But it's not like the end of the world, pretty localized incidents. And the pace has slowed from the (given other countries choices) crazy let everybody in.

It's not all bad though. There is plenty of cheap labor and should help in having a higher GDP growth. Now that the US tech hubs will have a harder time attracting some foreign computer vizes it's already easier to recruit them to Sthlm.

Anyway, a lot of people are desperate to make the decision to accept a lot of immigrants look bad. But I wouldn't be surprised to see in 20 years time that countries who had a decent volume of immigration (Germany, Sweden) are better of because of it. It can create more diverse culture, innovation etc - like in the US.

There is blatant hyperbole on both sides. The gist of the situation is that we have real, serious problems but one side paints it out to be basically like Somalia or some other failed state and the other denies it completely. My biggest problem with the whole thing is how overtly undemocratic in spirit this whole debacle has been. There never was a people's majority for anything remotely like the policies we have had.

It's not all bad though. There is plenty of cheap labor and should help in having a higher GDP growth.

I will have to contradict this. GDP growth is not good in and of itself as population growth will make that happen all by itself. Population growth is is very, very bad when it is unplanned and uncontrolled, as evidenced by the substantial pressure on all our infrastructure and government services.

We will not have an increase in GDP/capita because of this - quite the opposite. You can check how stagnant our GDP/capita has been for the last 10 years and except similar numbers or worse going forward, as the labor market value of the immigrants has not improved. Also, the way our labor market is structured it can't accomodate cheap labor and most likely won't for the foreseeable future. Some subsidies or tax cuts won't be nearly enough.

The immigrants/refugees of the last few years are, for the most part, so incredibly far from being profitable to hire in Sweden that we are condemning them to a life of boredom and lack of purpose from the outset. We should probably consider money incentives for some of them to go back.

It can create more diverse culture, innovation etc - like in the US.

Sure, but that would be due to policies similar to those of the US - which we have had for a long time and still have. That is, basically open doors to work here. In fact, we are more open to worker immigration than the US. But that is a completely different policy from the ones that have landed us in this mess.

[police says he answered other questions than what's shown in the fox segment about Swedish crime]

http://www.dn.se/kultur-noje/nyheter/swedish-police-featured-in-fox-news-segment-filmmaker-is-a-madman/

[fake news factories driven by poor guys in Macedonia, buying jeans for the american clicks]

http://www.dn.se/nyheter/varlden/from-this-basement-came-a-piece-of-fake-news-about-who-had-desecrated-a-church-in-sweden/

Not directly investment related, but to me it seems we are approaching a Point in a few years where politics could have real influence on investment values, unless more people start caring whats true and not.

What is this? There are obviously some serious issues in W EUR: https://translate.google.com/translate?depth=3&hl=en&nv=1&prev=search&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=sv&sp=nmt4&u=http://www.friatider.se/upplopp-i-rinkeby-polis-skot-varningsskott but even me, a staunch anti-globalist, understands that it takes years, even decades for refugees to integrate into a society. I'm wanting to give them a chance, as long as it's not here, in the US, where we have enough social issues to contend with.

Why is it surprising that a massive influx of migrants from culturally backwards parts of the world could be a net negative for European society?

When you have uncontrolled migration from these parts of the world at these levels it creates ghetto's where integration is not only unlikely, it's impossible. Certainly there could have been a better solution for genuine refugees through the creation of safe zones within their own countries and a flat out you're being deported if you show up to Europe illegally. Immigration must be limited and legal, otherwise we will have more of what we're looking at now which is the rise of populism and empowerment of reactionaries and the silencing/self censorship of the press.