WEB on CNBC on 27 Feb 2017 0600-0900 ET

kiwing100

FYI, WEB on CNBC on Monday 27 Feb from 6.00am to 9.00am ET after release of BRK annual letter.

Also there is an opportunity to submit your questions.

To submit questions, use the hashtag #AskWarren on Twitter and Facebook. Viewers can also submit video questions by tweeting clips to @CNBC or sharing videos on Facebook using the #AskWarren.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/16/legendary-investor-warren-buffett-to-join-cnbcs-becky-quick-for-a-special-edition-of-squawk-box-on-monday-february-27-6am-9am-et.html

When asked about market valuations, he said stocks were cheap if long-term treasury rates remained at their current levels. This is something he has said several times before, so nothing new. However this time, he did also add that if the 10 year treasury was to remain at near the current rate for the next ten years, then you would regret not buying stocks.

Does this not sound like a small market forecast to you guys?

I thought his comments about airline were interesting as he mentioned supply side issue. He seem to be eluding to supply of new planes cannot be increased which should prevent price competition due to excess capacity.

With increasing air travel in Asia it will be difficult to increase number of flights in US dramatically given constraint on plane and possibility pilot availability. This view would be more visible with ownership of PCP.

Guest longinvestor

I was quite taken aback by how chatty he was about his trades on AAPL and the airlines. Got into stuff like # of trading days, etc. Unusual for him, no?

I was quite taken aback by how chatty he was about his trades on AAPL and the airlines. Got into stuff like # of trading days, etc. Unusual for him, no?

Personally, I have the same perception ... - somehow it's a shift in his investment universe, so I think he is actually trying to elaborate on his line of thinking. It actually reminds me about an interview some years ago, when he was building/had build [?] the IBM stake, and he in an interview answered to the usual question : Something along this: "Do you care to share what you are buying nowadays?", to which he just hinted : "HAL."

I didn't catch the portion where he spoke about how much harder it is now.  Munger said kind of the same thing at DJCO, but he made it pretty clear that he was referring to the fact that they have huge amounts of capital to invest now.  Can't wait for someone to put the whole thing on youtube. 

After watching one out of the many short videos (on valuing banks - dodged it by quoting Aesop), I was stuck by how much he's slurring. He sounds like I've heard other older people sound after getting new teeth. Is this new? I don't watch videos as much as I read transcripts, so maybe I've missed this.

I didn't notice him slurring, but I did think his front teeth looked different.  Anyways, always glad to see him sharp and energetic.

After watching one out of the many short videos (on valuing banks - dodged it by quoting Aesop), I was stuck by how much he's slurring. He sounds like I've heard other older people sound after getting new teeth. Is this new? I don't watch videos as much as I read transcripts, so maybe I've missed this.

Thanks for the transcript.  :)

The stickiness of Apple products is very obvious to me, because I buy only Apple computers anymore.

The products are simply better. I like this investment.

Perhaps we got the shares from Carl Icahn, who sold his shares some time ago, because of worries about China.  ;D

"Does this not sound like a small market forecast to you guys?"

Sure does. Some have speculated that despite the desire to raise rates, they will not be able to. Check out the book 'Dying of Money'. An inflation begins very very slowly with very low rates and good times and the party just keeps going, the consequences are seen much later, and boy are they bad. But you'd have to be crazy to miss a 10 bagger in the market before the eventual crash.