How to view WSJ for free?

muscleman

I've said it in the past, but I'm not really impressed with WSJ. I've had free copies of it at hotels/companies/airlines. Every time I've read a copy I felt it was not worth it.

I have a subscription to Barron's and I think it's worth it.

I have subscribed to digital Washington Post this year, but I don't read it cover-to-cover and I'm not sure I'm gonna renew.

I got free x-week subscription to digital NY Times. Not sure gonna renew that either.

Just my opinion.

Guest longinvestor

Fwiw, a $15/month subscription to Audible (Amazon) includes a condensed audio version of WSJ. I'm enjoying it every day since January. The subscription is for basically 1 book a month. Listened to "Tao of Munger" and Berkshire beyond Buffett through this.

Do you have a frequent flier account with American Airlines, etc.? Just looking on the AAdvantage website, it looks like you can get a one year WSJ subscription for 3,200 miles. Barron's is 1,900 miles for one year. Both are listed via the redeem for magazine subscription link.

Do you have a frequent flier account with American Airlines, etc.? Just looking on the AAdvantage website, it looks like you can get a one year WSJ subscription for 3,200 miles. Barron's is 1,900 miles for one year. Both are listed via the redeem for magazine subscription link.

+1. I get Barron's like this. It's available for miles from pretty much all major airlines (United, American, Delta). If you have friends/family who don't fly a lot, it's a great way to keep miles from expiring and get something useful back (for cheap option to keep miles alive, subscribe to Money - it's actually pretty good and useful in some ways).

Mags for miles caveat: WSJ and Barron's are theoretically available "for new subscribers only". I have a bunch of name/miles that I rotate through, so I have not been declined. Not sure what happens if you sit on the same name/miles.

Mags for miles sub takes ~2-6 weeks to activate.

You may or may not get digital sub: in principle you should, but sometimes they don't send you email credentials. Then it might be tough to get, since digital sub asks for your print sub number, which might not be available on the delivered paper. I guess you can call the paper...

I have one. I called them but they said for milage subscriptions, they don't give online access. So it is a paper only subscription.

Fwiw, a $15/month subscription to Audible (Amazon) includes a condensed audio version of WSJ. I'm enjoying it every day since January. The subscription is for basically 1 book a month. Listened to "Tao of Munger" and Berkshire beyond Buffett through this.

Thank you. I do have audible. I will check it out.

https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=210311

Scorpion wrote:

Erwin wrote:

I just subscribed to the digital version of the WSJ through an agency, Daily Subscription Agency (http://dailysubscription.com/). I paid $139.99 for two years, an absolute bargain. Since I was very fearful that it may be a fraud, I used my PayPal, which supposedly protects me. About 12 hours later I got the details on how to log in, and believe it or not, the place seems to be 100% legit. I am very happy since the regular subscription is so much more expensive. How can it be?

Thanks for the tip - let us know if anything goes wrong, I think I may try this in a couple of months!

It has been a few days since the start. The login and password in the instructions were a bunch of letters and numbers that I will not remember. Thus, I changed them to my standard email and a password that I could remember, and so far so good!