Question For Those That Voted For Trump

Parsad

Folks, the left is full of violent, self-righteous individuals so for my own safety this will be my last post to the thread.  Take care.  Keep talking.

LMAO! Yes all those violent leftists obsessed with Berkshire and Fairfax and annual reports. Who lurk on value investing boards looking to terrorize good regular folk with.... facts.... and arguments. I'm sure ccplz is planning his rampage right now.

Hey, thanks for a chuckle on a Monday night. This really spices up the Actelion reading. :)

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also. I will say it again. If usa is so bad why is everyone fighting to be let in?

I noticed already some while ago, there are people currently fleeing from Western Europe to get more freedom in the U.S., since Europe isn't supporting their own citizens rights.

See this interesting...

French Girl: MILO Is Right, Europe Is Falling

I suppose you also have some data about France-US migration aside from a video on a nutjob's youtube channel. Please share.

Btw, you have to love her french accent. So sexy /s

Guest Schwab711

C3dxo2QWAAE9IvM.jpg

"The acting Attorney General, Sally Yates, has betrayed the Department of Justice..."

I'm not sure I've ever seen a presidential memo with language like that. Is this common? That seems extremely strong language to include if you are not going to charge her with something.

"The acting Attorney General, Sally Yates, has betrayed the Department of Justice..."

I'm not sure I've ever seen a presidential memo with language like that. Is this common? That seems extremely strong language to include if you are not going to charge her with something.

The press release you posted would make for a great satirical piece if it wasn't real.

C3dxo2QWAAE9IvM.jpg

Geeze, the guy is insane. The world used to think Kim Jong-un was the craziest leader but someone has apparently taken his place. So depressing.  :(

Guest cherzeca

yates is a jill stein wannabe.  15 minutes of fame. 

the DOJ office of legal counsel had already passed on legality of EO.  if you know constitutional law re immigration, you know that trump had legal authority to issue this EO. yates violated her oath of office in deciding not to enforce a legal order.  she wanted to commit career suicide.  maybe will get a gig on CNN now

but more importantly, why are we debating this on an investment board?

the DOJ office of legal counsel had already passed on legality of EO.  if you know constitutional law re immigration, you know that trump had legal authority to issue this EO. yates violated her oath of office in deciding not to enforce a legal order.  she wanted to commit career suicide.  maybe will get a gig on CNN now

Why are you commenting on a thread on U.S. politics if you didn't want to talk about U.S. politics?

Assume you are correct on all points...even though hundreds of thousands of protesters disagree with you, including a number of Republican party members, supporters and well-known Conservatives. 

You are telling me that this President's conduct so far, his compulsive tweeting, choice of words when characterising those that disagree with him, and the ridiculously inane and incompetent way he has executed this travel ban, doesn't worry you in the slightest? 

Top brass at the borders, Department of Homeland Security, foreign embassies, travel bureaus, you name it...had no idea what this ban meant and how to enforce it.  Citizens, green card holders, children, etc were held at borders or denied entry.  This was a major f**k up.  Sears executes their retail business with more competency!  Cheers!

Assume you are correct on all points...even though hundreds of thousands of protesters disagree with you, including a number of Republican party members, supporters and well-known Conservatives. 

You are telling me that this President's conduct so far, his compulsive tweeting, choice of words when characterising those that disagree with him, and the ridiculously inane and incompetent way he has executed this travel ban, doesn't worry you in the slightest? 

Top brass at the borders, Department of Homeland Security, foreign embassies, travel bureaus, you name it...had no idea what this ban meant and how to enforce it.  Citizens, green card holders, children, etc were held at borders or denied entry.  This was a major f**k up.  Sears executes their retail business with more competency!  Cheers!

George Bush, Obama and Hillary's State Department bomb and kill thousands of Muslims with unprecedented drone strikes, destroy entire countries, slaughter people in Iraq, create starvation in Yemen, and create this entire refugee crisis to begin with, and yet I don't recall any mass protests about that . . . 

But now your main worry is about how a travel ban was implemented.

Do you not see that perhaps your moral compass is a little askew?

Yates' move was clear political grandstanding, in my opinion --- and more opportunistic than brave, given that she knew she'd be gone in a couple days anyway.  But the press release is ridiculous.  Who writes this crap?  If anything just say "we thank Mrs. Yates for her services to the country" and move on.  Show some grace, particularly when you're the one in control.

Incidentally, the MSM (all brands) must be loving all this drama.  Who said the circus wasn't profitable!

George Bush, Obama and Hillary's State Department bomb and kill thousands of Muslims with unprecedented drone strikes, destroy entire countries, slaughter people in Iraq, create starvation in Yemen, and create this entire refugee crisis to begin with, and yet I don't recall any mass protests about that . . . 

There were mass protests against the Iraq war.

Secondly, how do you know Parsad wasn't bothered by all those wars and bombs?

Ah...the classic moving goal posts defense. Criticism of two completely different decisions by different people need not be mutually exclusive.

Yates' move was clear political grandstanding, in my opinion --- and more opportunistic than brave, given that she knew she'd be gone in a couple days anyway.  But the press release is ridiculous.  Who writes this crap?  If anything just say "we thank Mrs. Yates for her services to the country" and move on.  Show some grace, particularly when you're the one in control.

Agreed. Thank you for this balanced view.

Scott Adams teaches you about Trump's latest masterstroke,  immigration.

"[Trump]...just solved his biggest problem with immigration and you didn’t notice."

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/156532225711/the-persuasion-filter-and-immigration

First the green card reversal, and now this.  Loosening.

The masterstroke is playing out just as just as Scott Adams predicted.

"Trump administration to allow 872 refugees into U.S. this week."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-refugees-exclusive-idUSKBN15E2U9

"George Bush, Obama and Hillary's State Department bomb and kill thousands of Muslims with unprecedented drone strikes, destroy entire countries, slaughter people in Iraq, create starvation in Yemen, and create this entire refugee crisis to begin with, and yet I don't recall any mass protests about that . . .

Do you not see that perhaps your moral compass is a little askew?"

+125!

And this is over a 90 day ban from 7 countries that are nowhere near major trading partners! And one of these loves to kidnap lawful Americans to exchange them for some ransoms, keeps firing ballistic missiles or against U.N. resolutions, threathening U.S. ships, neighbors, etc.

While undoubtedly very good people from these countries will eventually be great immigrants, I think it is perfectly rational to look at the mechanism to vet them considering where they are coming from. Sure, some people will experience some inconvenience and will see delays in their personal plans but, they shouldn't die because of it. When Obama was implementing similar restrictions no one said a word against it or raised racism concerns.

This is hypocrisy on a grand scale. However, the majority of Americans are seeing through this BS. They are happy that they finally have a leader who works on promises made during an election. You may not like his plans and hiccups but, that is the reality and it is happening at a lightning speed. He does not care about the media or what they say against him. He could have taken the easy road, played 100 golf games a year like Obama and made only moves that would be popular and carefully weighted to help him win the next election. He is having none of it.

My hat's off to him!

Cardboard

This is an investment board, not a political one. While the political climate is a material consideration; ultimately it is about how one does business or invests.

History rhymes. The current US actions evidence a great many parallels to the early days of Hitler, Franco, and Apartheid; if you were one of the chosen few, you got the work, and the ability to lift yourself out of depression. Infrastructure rebuilding that started out as roads and ports; in all cases - subsequently morphed into various degrees of rearmament.

Profit assimilates. “XYZ” first, was clearly stimulative - & a great many did very well by it. It would seem reasonable to expect much the same effect today, but history evidences that its longevity depends very much on locale. The conflicts have to be fought someplace else, not at home.

Within Germany, the big winners were the German multinationals that we know today; the winners were similar in both Spain and South Africa as well. Applied to the US, it’s maybe 20 names – at best. But in all cases, you had to be one of the chosen ones.

Sadly the way forward seems pretty clear, but as with all things - it is not an automatic given. The run-up to the 1995 Quebec referendum being a very good example; 93.5% voter turnout, and a ‘No’ separation vote of 50.58%.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_referendum,_1995

SD

Also. I will say it again. If usa is so bad why is everyone fighting to be let in?

Gee whiz, I dunno why these permanent residents and citizens like that 5 yo baby are fighting to be "let in" to where they've been living.

Remember tho, it's obama who was "taking away our freedoms". But I guess taking away freedoms from brown people is ok doe.

The current US actions evidence a great many parallels to the early days of Hitler, Franco, and Apartheid

The left's hysterical overreaction has set the bar so low that all Trump needs to win over another term is not be Hitler. 

He isn't bothered by the the Hitler/facist comparisons, and probably hopes they continue.

The current US actions evidence a great many parallels to the early days of Hitler, Franco, and Apartheid

The left's hysterical overreaction has set the bar so low that all Trump needs to win over another term is not be Hitler. 

He isn't bothered by the the Hitler/facist comparisons, and probably hopes they continue.

#MasterStroke

#MasterStroke

You're starting to understand.  Keep going, and you'll soon be miles ahead of the all the "experts" in the media, and DC politicians.

"Remember tho, it's obama who was "taking away our freedoms". But I guess taking away freedoms from brown people is ok doe."

If that was the goal, then a lot of countries and 100's of millions are missing from the list.

But as Onyx1 said keep going. You will have to endure for 8 years and you are only 12 days in!!!

Cardboard