How to get a bargain on a "Big Mac"

valuebull

Since many value investors like to get bargains on everything, if you are a fan of McDonald's Big Macs, here is how you can get an excellent deal....

Order a double hamburger, NO ketchup, ADD shredded lettuce, ADD Mac Sauce.  They automatically include pickles and onions.

I did this at my local McDonalds, and the burger tastes like a Big Mac and cost $1.49 (versus $4.49 for a Big Mac)!  You're saving $3 by just not getting the middle layer of bun that separates the two patties on a Big Mac.

Thanks Bottomline newsletter for this tip!

Holy smokes...you guys must have different McDonalds than we do in the other parts of the country.

In my area...why would you even WANT a "Big Mac" if it were free?

The quality of the food is laughable, the restaurants are dirty to filthy.  To top it all off, the workers look like they are on a prison release program.

Fortunately, we have plenty of schwarma places where you can get a great wrap for $5 or even less.  I haven't eaten at a McDonald's for years...

Holy smokes...you guys must have different McDonalds than we do in the other parts of the country.

The quality of the food is laughable, the restaurants are dirty to filthy.  To top it all off, the workers look like they are on a prison release program.

Fortunately, we have plenty of schwarma places where you can get a great wrap for $5 or even less.  I haven't eaten at a McDonald's for years...

Agreed! Why not go to In-N-Out and get a good burger?

While the food is the same as the U.S., the Canadian locations are generally much cleaner and fresher/newer than their U.S. counterparts. 

I also agree that there are better places than McDonald's for burgers, but you have to admit that an Egg McMuffin is pretty tasty, cheap and quite healthy...the ham one with English muffin, not sausage, bacon, or biscuits. 

Cheers!

Since many value investors like to get bargains on everything, if you are a fan of McDonald's Big Macs, here is how you can get an excellent deal....

Order a double hamburger, NO ketchup, ADD shredded lettuce, ADD Mac Sauce.  They automatically include pickles and onions.

I did this at my local McDonalds, and the burger tastes like a Big Mac and cost $1.49 (versus $4.49 for a Big Mac)!  You're saving $3 by just not getting the middle layer of bun that separates the two patties on a Big Mac.

Thanks Bottomline newsletter for this tip!

I've done that before.  Fewer calories and cheaper than a regular Big Mac, but the bun doesn't taste the same. 

The Quarter Pounder idea by Rkbabang would work and taste better, but not any healthier than a regular Big Mac. 

They are now making three sizes of Big Macs in the U.S., and it should be coming soon to Canada.  A smaller, lighter version; the standard one; and a Mega Big Mac.  Cheers!

While the food is the same as the U.S., the Canadian locations are generally much cleaner and fresher/newer than their U.S. counterparts. 

I also agree that there are better places than McDonald's for burgers, but you have to admit that an Egg McMuffin is pretty tasty, cheap and quite healthy...the ham one with English muffin, not sausage, bacon, or biscuits. 

Cheers!

Most of the McDonalds I see in Southern New Hampshire and Northern MA are recently re-modeled and clean.  Pretty nice actually.  I don't eat the food very often, but if I need a coffee it is cheaper than Dunkin' Donuts and just as good.

I can vouch for raise.com for other giftcards. Great site. I've had a couple issues with cards that had zero balance or never arrived and they credited it back without issue. Not sure if it's US specific but I would suspect it is.

I can vouch for raise.com for other giftcards. Great site. I've had a couple issues with cards that had zero balance or never arrived and they credited it back without issue. Not sure if it's US specific but I would suspect it is.

IMO don't use raise.com

Most of the cards are people reselling gift cards bought via stolen CCs or to scam you or cleaning up drug money.

Yeah, raise.com "guarantees" the cards for 100 days. But look at BBB reviews - the guarantee means that you gonna fight with raise customer service.

Pretty much all TJ Maxx gift cards on raise are for $999.99  If that's not stolen/fraud/scam, I don't know what is. Yeah, sure, this is a grandpa selling a gift card they got from their kids. NOT.

Caveat emptor.

IMO don't use raise.com

Most of the cards are people reselling gift cards bought via stolen CCs or to scam you or cleaning up drug money.

Yeah, raise.com "guarantees" the cards for 100 days. But look at BBB reviews - the guarantee means that you gonna fight with raise customer service.

Pretty much all TJ Maxx gift cards on raise are for $999.99  If that's not stolen/fraud/scam, I don't know what is. Yeah, sure, this is a grandpa selling a gift card they got from their kids. NOT.

Caveat emptor.

I'm not sure about the reselling (I figured unwanted gifts) but I purchased about a dozen cards and a couple had issues (either not sent or empty balance). I contacted raise about them, and with one short email/call, they refunded both with no issue. They also have a one year guarantee now.

As food, I think anything at Mcdonalds is a cigar butt.

One man's garbage is another man's treasure!

Buffett would probably disagree with you, as do I.  I love good food, but I also have no problem chowing down on a Big Mac or Filet-o-Fish.

Cheers!

Here's another deal for beer drinkers.

I have started to buy my beer at the wholesalers.  In PA wholesalers sell to distributors and retail outlets.  Most people buy beer from a grocery store (retail) or a distributor.  I've found I can save $7/case on an average case ($35 case and below) and save even more as prices go higher.

The downsides are by law they can't take credit, so it's cash only, and their hours are 8-5 M-F, neither are a problem for me.

Here is some of the craziness.  They have Oskar Blues Da Gubner for $68/case, at the grocery it's $120/case.  I purchased a case of Stone Xocovecia for $35, it goes for $65 in limited quantities at the beer distributor, even more at a retail outlet.  The guy at this place told me a story about some crazy high end beer.  They were selling cases for $120, he said the grocery store was selling them for $65/bottle.  He said it blew his mind that anyone would pay that when they could pay the price of two bottles and have a case.

The wholesalers are the guys with trucks driving around to bars to make deliveries.  People don't think you can buy from these guys, but all you have to do is walk in with cash and they're happy to sell.  To them a sale is a sale, it doesn't matter who the end buyer is.

And of course if you want cheap beer they have "American Beer" for $9.99/case and "Pennsylvania Beer" for $9.99/case.  In both cases that's about $.41 per beer.