Merry Christmas !

gary17

Just want to say Merry Christmas to all -  your discussions this past few years have been tremendous in helping me achieve my financial goals.  Market is truly inefficient else we wouldn't have seen -900 the night Trump got elected and then the rally over the last few months.  Glad to be one of the value investors and hopefully 2017 will bring many more interesting opportunities for all.

Cheers

Gary

Just want to say Merry Christmas to all -  your discussions this past few years have been tremendous in helping me achieve my financial goals.  Market is truly inefficient else we wouldn't have seen -900 the night Trump got elected and then the rally over the last few months.  Glad to be one of the value investors and hopefully 2017 will bring many more interesting opportunities for all.

Cheers

Gary

Hey,... Gary,... if you are in the Merry Christmas singing mood, you might want to watch some funny Christmas Parody....

Beware!!! It might be too naughty to watch,... ::)

IMG_7819.png

This is the thread each year where I give thanks to Sanjeev and the many great posters from years past. I moved to Toronto for business reasons about 15 years ago and discovered this board and Fairfax as an investment. Good advice from many others on this board, good decisions, dumb luck and time all combined over many years to put me in a position financially that I was able to quit my day job and spend quality time with my young family (10 years now and counting). I have since moved back to Vancouver and in hindsight one of the greatest gifts of taking the job in Toronto was that I discovered this board and Fairfax; a great example of unintended positive consequences. I have no doubt that if I had not discovered this board and FFH I would still be working for someone else (when asked, I tell people that I am a financial planner with one client... my family). Thank you to Sanjeev, bsilly, cardboard and ericopoly to name just a very few; many more have helped me. I will always be very thankful. 

To all posters: thank you. By taking the time to post your thoughts you give others the opportunity to learn and benefit financially. Have a great holiday and a prosperous new year!

Merry christmas to all!

This was quite a find for me only a few months ago and I am very thankful for it.  It is a fascinating information center that has provided insightful discussion and lessons.  Looking forward to learning much much more.  Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

This is the thread each year where I give thanks to Sanjeev and the many great posters from years past. I moved to Toronto for business reasons about 15 years ago and discovered this board and Fairfax as an investment. Good advice from many others on this board, good decisions, dumb luck and time all combined over many years to put me in a position financially that I was able to quit my day job and spend quality time with my young family (10 years now and counting). I have since moved back to Vancouver and in hindsight one of the greatest gifts of taking the job in Toronto was that I discovered this board and Fairfax; a great example of unintended positive consequences. I have no doubt that if I had not discovered this board and FFH I would still be working for someone else (when asked, I tell people that I am a financial planner with one client... my family). Thank you to Sanjeev, bsilly, cardboard and ericopoly to name just a very few; many more have helped me. I will always be very thankful. 

To all posters: thank you. By taking the time to post your thoughts you give others the opportunity to learn and benefit financially. Have a great holiday and a prosperous new year!

Hi Viking,

Thank you for shedding some light on your experience with the board, your financial goals, and your personal life.

I surely like your posts very much!

Merry Xmas to all board members and enjoy your holidays!

Cheers,

Gio