Wilbur Ross - Trump's Choice For Commerce Secretary!

Parsad

"No real way to defend Trump's comments on the Khan family, but even poor Wilbur gives it a go!"

By the way Sanjeev, that is from the thread that you started on Wilbur Ross... So the friends of your enemies are no longer your enemies? LOL

Before you all get too excited, there were rumours also about Dimon and they ended up false. Is Wilbur really being considered and will he accept?

Furthermore, the guy made his fortune mostly by restructuring part of the U.S. steel industry. I would expect that he would be quite in favour of some protectionism.

Cardboard

"No real way to defend Trump's comments on the Khan family, but even poor Wilbur gives it a go!"

By the way Sanjeev, that is from the thread that you started on Wilbur Ross... So the friends of your enemies are no longer your enemies? LOL

Before you all get too excited, there were rumours also about Dimon and they ended up false. Is Wilbur really being considered and will he accept?

Furthermore, the guy made his fortune mostly by restructuring part of the U.S. steel industry. I would expect that he would be quite in favour of some protectionism.

Cardboard

We need these turnaround experts to reboost the US economy, rather than career politicians who know nothing and do nothing.

If you are long XCO...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-08-24/a-turnaround-titan-meets-his-match-amid-oil-s-downturn

Since joining Exco last year, Wilder has been quick to deploy strategies to slash the explorer’s costs. Its workforce is down almost 60 percent from the fourth quarter of 2014, and its 2016 capital plan has shrunk to $85 million, from $277 million a year ago. Exco’s shares have risen about 70 percent since he became executive chairman.

If you are long the GSEs...

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/oral-history/financial-crisis/tags/fannie-and-freddie/

My job is not to grade the bankers or anybody else. My job is to deal with what's going on. ...

Since we did fairly well [to] visualize it coming, we were looking at what should we get ready to be buying when the bad thing occurs? Because that what our job is. Our job is not to be the policemen of the rating agencies. …

"We need these turnaround experts to reboost the US economy, rather than career politicians who know nothing and do nothing."

Well I disagree, they know how to line up their pockets.  ;D Good old lawyers.

I mentioned before that Trump would try to surround himself with a terrific team. He knows that you need a good CEO for every one of these government departments. People that will cut costs and make the right calls. The Left hate Trump but, he still built an empire which is still standing and that undoubtedly requires some organizational skills. You have to delegate and pick the right people.

One of the problems is that the best people for the jobs, do not want them. They earn too much in the private sector, have much less scrutiny and a private life. They can only do it as a charitable gesture for the country and/or for glory.

Cardboard

I would not underestimate this as a chance to give back to country that has provided you the environment to get wealthy.  This gives you a hands on way to make a difference.  I agree with you about Trump.  For all his shortcomings he has done an excellent job at selecting folks and then making adjustments if needed.  To have an empire his size he must have done something right & a large part of it appears to be people selection despite his many personal shortcomings.  All of his kids are great are from what I see was his good selection of mothers that for the most part raised them.  Who knows, if he uses this skill as President then he may be one of the great ones.

Packer

Cardboard

The comment was based on Wilbur supporting/defending Trump.  Trump supporting Wilbur is the complete opposite concern.  Very few people are as qualified or have the business common sense that Wilbur Ross does...only a handful of other people would be better.  Cheers!