Wonderful Quote from Charlie Munger - Life will knock you down

LongHaul

Life will knock you down, but you can get back up and learn from it.

"Life will have terrible blows in it, horrible blows, unfair blows. It doesn't matter. And some people recover and others don't. And there I think the attitude of Epictetus is the best. He thought that every missed chance in life was an opportunity to behave well, every missed chance in life was an opportunity to learn something, and that your duty was not to be submerged in self-pity, but to utilize the terrible blow in constructive fashion. That is a very good idea."

Source: Charlie Munger's USC Law Commencement Speech, May 2007

"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place, and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.

You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward."

Charlie must've seen rocky

I actually sold a few issues the end of last week & on Monday (locked in roughly a 40% gain - not total portfolio.)

Not because I feared a market move post election but because I need the cash for a renovation project (better risk / reward.)

Even though I'm not onboard with the majority of Sanders ideas, I'm glad we have a pitbull yanking from the far left so things will hopefully get centered...

Life will knock you down, but you can get back up and learn from it.

"Life will have terrible blows in it, horrible blows, unfair blows. It doesn't matter. And some people recover and others don't. And there I think the attitude of Epictetus is the best. He thought that every missed chance in life was an opportunity to behave well, every missed chance in life was an opportunity to learn something, and that your duty was not to be submerged in self-pity, but to utilize the terrible blow in constructive fashion. That is a very good idea."

Source: Charlie Munger's USC Law Commencement Speech, May 2007

Cowboy up.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cowboy%20up

University of Wyoming chant.