I Don't Like Trump...

Parsad

Every four years this country goes through a revolution. Sometimes the in's win (Regan and Obama), sometimes the in's are tossed out (Carter or Johnson).

Thanks to our forefathers this revolution is mostly peaceful. Suck it up folks, we will have another revolution in four years IF he (she if it had been Hilary) isn't impeached before then which is a strong possibility.

jmho

Too many conflicts of interest operating here.  Impeachment is a real possiblity.  If/When his scandals and mouth become a national embarassment R. Reps will be trying to save their own skins and will start an impeachment process.  At the very least within short order they will firewall him. 

Its all just sowing the seeds for a needed democratic renewal. 

I hope he isn't impeached (or one of the crazy liberals we see crying or defecating on the sidewalk doesn't flip out and kill him).  Trump is unlikely to be that bad a president, but Pence would be awful.  Trump is basically a New York liberal pretending to be a conservative.  Pence however is the real deal.  Pence is a big time religious nut conservative.  When he says anti-gay things, or anti-abortion things, unlike Trump, he really means it.

There is that.  Pence is off the charts in religious nuttiness, and  social backwardness.

I will pray every night that no one from the left is nutty enough to assassinate DT. Pence succeeding DT would be horrible/birth of anti-christ - be careful what you wish for!

People suck.

I know. It makes me want to weep. In the past, you've implied that humanity needs to evolve socially to reach a better place for everyone, and I'm right there with you. Human nature is broken. We need to get beyond the "us" and the "them".

I wrote that when still in horror after clicking on that link.  I'd like to rephrase that to "some people suck".  I agree with you the "us" and "them" needs to go, we are all human beings, but I do believe that most people at least mean well and that the worst racists and bigots are a small and shrinking percentage of our society.  At least that is what I want to believe.  But the bottom of the barrel is really awful to behold.

Best case scenario, he's Teddy Roosevelt.  Worst case scenario....well let's not go there (something about armies marching across the face of the earth).  Didn't Regan run on getting tough on the illegal immigrants and then end up doing an amnesty/screwing the Regan democrats and pumping out some big tax cuts?  Maybe he can be like Regan without the Iran-Contra stuff and launching the jihadist movement and arming Osama.  He has at times said some stuff about foreign policy that I agree with, such as why are we paying for the defense of the entire world, while they run lavish social welfare programs and don't even meet their NATO funding commitments, but of course that is arguably a much better use of funds than playing in the sand while our natural gas is burned off as a waste product.  Wouldn't be opposed to a Buffett rule on trade deficits.  Trade is totally free as long as you buy an amount equal to what you sell to the U.S. (with maybe some running bands and a five year smoothing period).  No huge structural trade deficits. 

W/r/t the ignore list, I should be able to click on someone and add them, like I can with the buddy list, right?

Nope, it's not provided there. You have to go to Profile->Forum Profile

Then under "Modify Profile" you'll see last option "Buddies/Ignore List". If you select that, it will give suboption "Edit Ignore List"

And that's where you can ignore people.

(2) As shown by the link to Shaun King's twitter feed, the emboldenment of the alt-right has begun

This is very concerning, but I think it's worth noting that these racists are largely disgraced in the eyes of thinking people. I am much more worried about the racism on the left, which enjoys widespread cultural acceptance, has a solid intellectual backing, and is taught to children throughout the country.

(2) As shown by the link to Shaun King's twitter feed, the emboldenment of the alt-right has begun

This is very concerning, but I think it's worth noting that these racists are largely disgraced in the eyes of thinking people. I am much more worried about the racism on the left, which enjoys widespread cultural acceptance, has a solid intellectual backing, and is taught to children throughout the country.

Disgraced or not, I think they pose a real physical danger to many minorities.

Disgraced or not, I think they pose a real physical danger to many minorities.

Very true, and very disturbing. We should look for causes for the rise of racism. At some point in the not too distant past, America reversed direction on the path to color blindness.

What is interesting is the numbers in Texas. There's non zero chance that Reps will lose Texas within next couple elections. (I wonder if they could have lost it this time if oil was still in $100 range... of course this also applies to other oil/shale states ... who knows)

Oh wait, that's why they plan to build the wall.

Maybe they should just build the wall at the northern border of Texas...  8)

The people living close to the proposed wall, even in Texas don't seem to like the idea too much, based on the election vote map.