Buffett Trump Rebuttal

Parsad

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously Buffett thinks that people should follow tax laws and minimize their taxes; this doesn't mean that he can't think that maybe tax laws could be changed.

Buffett wrote an op-ed about "stop coddling the super-rich" and wrote about closing exemptions that allow some super rich who earn more than $1m and $10m per year to be taxed at very low rates so that they are taxed at rates closer to others. He didn't set up a tent at Occupy Wall Street and adopt every single "inequality" belief that you seem to be projecting on him.

Buffet uses the existing tax laws because he would be lax in his fuduciary duties if he didn't.

Cardboard attacks everything in an attempt to obfuscate (kinda like Trump...)

FYI, my criticism record on Buffett is very clear and goes all the way back to 2007 or so when he went all in Democrats. That is when he lost a lot of my admiration. Before that, he was my hero since he would bash any illogical policy whomever was in power. He would criticize corporate elites, abuse, etc.

Cardboard

FYI, my criticism record on Buffett is very clear and goes all the way back to 2007 or so when he went all in Democrats. That is when he lost a lot of my admiration. Before that, he was my hero since he would bash any illogical policy whomever was in power. He would criticize corporate elites, abuse, etc.

Cardboard

Glad you cleared that up (I thought you hated him because he was a Huskers fan...)

Hillary Clinton is a sexual predator?  Just out of curiosity, what are you referencing here?

Her husband. The Underwoods, eh, I mean Clintons have always been a two for one kind of deal. Putting WJC back in the White House isn't exactly going to make one feel better about themselves if voting against Trump is solely based off of contempt for his outrageous lack of control around the ladies. They are both world class poon hounds.

Ah, I see where you're coming from.  Like you shouldn't vote for Trump because Melania isn't smart enough to know that plagiarizing a convention speech is a bad idea, and we don't want someone that stupid in the oval office.

Hillary Clinton is a sexual predator?  Just out of curiosity, what are you referencing here?

Her husband. The Underwoods, eh, I mean Clintons have always been a two for one kind of deal. Putting WJC back in the White House isn't exactly going to make one feel better about themselves if voting against Trump is solely based off of contempt for his outrageous lack of control around the ladies. They are both world class poon hounds.

Ah, I see where you're coming from.  Like you shouldn't vote for Trump because Melania isn't smart enough to know that plagiarizing a convention speech is a bad idea, and we don't want someone that stupid in the oval office.

There is a fairly rational case that one shouldn't vote for either Trump or Clinton. But implying that Melania Trump will have even a fraction of the power/authority WJC would in the same situation is pretty outlandish.

Not to single out Mr. Gibbons but this is in a nutshell, exactly what the case against Buffett has become. There is no effort to be objective. Nothing is surprising anymore because it all fits the same narrative. Just like Mr. Buffett, Mr. Gibbons has decided that "He's With Her"... and then retroactively crafts opinions around that focal point. I honestly can't even believe a sane and rational person would contend that WJC and Melania Trump would have even remotely similar effects of the presidency of their spouses. When HRC was under investigation, WJC was holding back alley meetings with the attorney general for God's sake. Whereas the most Melania has ever done(not that she'd have much use anyway) is smile and wave at a crowd...

There is so much hypocrisy and everything these days is stuffed with an agenda. It's completely unavoidable. Elizabeth Warren made a fortune scamming the little guy. She was a Republican too, up until '97 if I remember correctly. Then she decided her pockets were fat enough, and now has an entire platform based off of criticizing people who "rip off the little guy". So many of these guys use the system and then the second they've made it, immediately make it their goal to turn around and make it even harder for the next guy to get there. There is an excellent interview with Lee Cooperman where he accurately points out, that in 2012, for the first time ever, Mitt Romney was lambasted for his wealth. As if being successful was now wrong. And yet, fast forward to this election, where one candidate openly brags, exaggerates and lies about how wealthy he is, and the other one criticizes his wealth while making 11,000,000 a year giving "speeches".

Mr. Buffett used to be America's watch dog and voice of reason. Now it seems everything from him either has an agenda or some political spin to it. Geez, look at how he handled things with Coca Cola. So unfortunately for most Americans, there won't be a real winner next month.

There is a fairly rational case that one shouldn't vote for either Trump or Clinton. But implying that Melania Trump will have even a fraction of the power/authority WJC would in the same situation is pretty outlandish.

Okay, and the situation we were discussing is whether Hillary Clinton was a sexual predator, and now your assertion is that Bill was, and he'll have lots of influence over his wife.  So you think him being a sexual predator will influence her in what way, exactly?  Turn her into a sexual predator?  Make her sign all the pro-sexual predator laws that are delivered to her by congress?

To me, this isn't really a partisan argument.  Rather, you're making a nonsensical argument that doesn't hold up to the slightest examination.  If it were actually a reasoned case you were making, I wouldn't have bothered.

(That said, you are almost certainly right that Melania would have less influence over Trump than Bill over Hillary.  Trump clearly doesn't listen to anyone, and probably shouldn't be listening to Melania regardless.  Hillary does listen, and both her and Bill are smart, thoughtful people.  So, like you, I'd expect him to have more influence on her.  But even with that influence, I don't see how he's going to turn her into a sexual predator.)

Not to single out Mr. Gibbons but this is in a nutshell, exactly what the case against Buffett has become. There is no effort to be objective. Nothing is surprising anymore because it all fits the same narrative. Just like Mr. Buffett, Mr. Gibbons has decided that "He's With Her"... and then retroactively crafts opinions around that focal point. I honestly can't even believe a sane and rational person would contend that WJC and Melania Trump would have even remotely similar effects of the presidency of their spouses. When HRC was under investigation, WJC was holding back alley meetings with the attorney general for God's sake. Whereas the most Melania has ever done(not that she'd have much use anyway) is smile and wave at a crowd...

There is so much hypocrisy and everything these days is stuffed with an agenda. It's completely unavoidable. Elizabeth Warren made a fortune scamming the little guy. She was a Republican too, up until '97 if I remember correctly. Then she decided her pockets were fat enough, and now has an entire platform based off of criticizing people who "rip off the little guy". So many of these guys use the system and then the second they've made it, immediately make it their goal to turn around and make it even harder for the next guy to get there. There is an excellent interview with Lee Cooperman where he accurately points out, that in 2012, for the first time ever, Mitt Romney was lambasted for his wealth. As if being successful was now wrong. And yet, fast forward to this election, where one candidate openly brags, exaggerates and lies about how wealthy he is, and the other one criticizes his wealth while making 11,000,000 a year giving "speeches".

Mr. Buffett used to be America's watch dog and voice of reason. Now it seems everything from him either has an agenda or some political spin to it. Geez, look at how he handled things with Coca Cola. So unfortunately for most Americans, there won't be a real winner next month.

Hey Greg; I don't know if you saw this post on another thread by Liberty but the YouTube video is well worth watching.

I'm still jaded about the political process & the lack of humanity exhibited (AKA douchebaggery) by the vast majority of our so called business & political leaders but the video made it a tiny bit understandable (if you buy into it which I did...)

I enjoyed it and thought some here might enjoy it too. Good look at the realpolitiks of taking and keeping power in both dictatorships and democracies.

Hey Greg; I don't know if you saw this post on another thread by Liberty but the YouTube video is well worth watching.

I'm still jaded about the political process & the lack of humanity exhibited (AKA douchebaggery) by the vast majority of our so called business & political leaders but the video made it a tiny bit understandable (if you buy into it which I did...)

I enjoyed it and thought some here might enjoy it too. Good look at the realpolitiks of taking and keeping power in both dictatorships and democracies.

Hilarious and quite accurate. Hadn't seen it but thanks. Thoroughly enjoyed it.