robinhood for stock trading

shalab

Remember, if someone gives you something for free you are the product. I would not trust a free broker as he would likely sell my order data to HFT, it might end up costing you much more than the 5-10$ commissions.

BeerBaron

Most brokers that charge $5+ in commissions also sell your order data... I think IB is one of the few brokers that doesn't sell your order data, and there you can actually do most trades for less than $1.

I have had  an account with them for just a little over a year and have been pleased. Very easy to use and move money to and from bank account. Their gold account which is their version of a margin account charges flat monthly fee. Their cash account is free. Both account types have FREE trading.

• 3 years later...

Does anyone have an reasons not to use Robinhood besides...

- it's limited on markets and some equities

- it has crashed multiple times this past year

- options detail and charts aren't good

Besides that, if you're not holding any precarious positions that could screw you in the event of a crash then why not?

I honestly don't care if my order flow is being sold but

1.I don't trust Robinhood to be nearly as solid as a major broker in case of extraordinary events so no way I'm parking any substantial amount of money with them.

2.Interactive Brokers' Portfolio margin is unmatched.

3.Ethically, I don't like to be associated with people whose entire business plan is to take advantage of idiots gambling away their life savings.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...