If American - which presidential candidate will you vote for? (Sept. Edition)

JayGatsby
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/15/us/politics/hillary-clinton-health-donald-trump.html

Oh oh the pneumonia was not contagious. So all the crocodile tears shed for that little young girl had gone to waste. Poor Fox news , can't get a lie to stick anymore.

So what kind of  pneumonia allows someone to fully recover 90 minutes after a collapse?  This medical expert believes it's hogwash and the facts support her having Parkinsons.  If true, I think we can all agree she is disqualified.  Will she admit it?  Not on a chance.  It's got to be painful to be a democrat and watch this train wreck.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-09-13/medical-doctor-explains-why-hillarys-911-medical-episode-looks-more-parkinsons-pneum

You just quoted zerohedge. People will tell you to stay away from far right media like Fox and ZeroHedge.

Basically, whatever media that doesn't whole heartedly support Hillary will be labeled far right (and possibly deplorable).

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/15/us/politics/hillary-clinton-health-donald-trump.html

Oh oh the pneumonia was not contagious. So all the crocodile tears shed for that little young girl had gone to waste. Poor Fox news , can't get a lie to stick anymore.

So what kind of  pneumonia allows someone to fully recover 90 minutes after a collapse?  This medical expert believes it's hogwash and the facts support her having Parkinsons.  If true, I think we can all agree she is disqualified.  Will she admit it?  Not on a chance.  It's got to be painful to be a democrat and watch this train wreck.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-09-13/medical-doctor-explains-why-hillarys-911-medical-episode-looks-more-parkinsons-pneum

Zero hedge!! And the article written by Tyler Durden!! Is that your credible source? I know someone who is unemployed,lives in his Mom's basement and can write better than this dude.

Zero hedge!! And the article written by Tyler Durden!! Is that your credible source? I know someone who is unemployed,lives in his Mom's basement and can write better than this dude.

He is a medical doctor with 36 years of experience, he has some credibility. 

On the other hand Hillary and her team don't have a lot of credibility with me:

First, they said it was just a cough,

then it was just a wacko conspiracy theory,

then it was seasonal allergy,

then is was overheating (high 70's moderate humidity)

then it was dehydration.

Without the benefit of an iphone video, it would have ending right there, but Unlucky Hillary got caught.

Now from her Doctor:

"My overall impression is that Mrs. Clinton has remained healthy and has not developed new medical conditions this year other than a sinus and ear infection and her recently diagnosed pneumonia."

This is typical Clintonian wordcraft.  (Remember "Depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is."?)

Believe whoever you what, but I'm not buying what Hillary is trying to sell.

You just quoted zerohedge. People will tell you to stay away from far right media like Fox and ZeroHedge.

They said the exact same about the National Enquirer for 3 months when they wrote stories about primary poll-leading John Edwards's extra-marital affair & love child.  Who ended up being right there?

It's best to read it all and make your own decisions.

She may have meant well, but it's her poor judgment that bothers me more than anything. Her rhetoric on Russia sounds straight out of the Cuban missile crisis: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/sep/1/clinton-us-will-treat-cyberattacks-just-any-other-/ . The scariest part there is she regularly blames Russia for hacks when no public evidence exists that the Russian government is behind them.

I'm curious about your reasoning here.  Why is this the scariest part?  You don't think a president should act on non-public information?  Or you think that it's important that a president release confidential information to the public to justify their actions?  Or do you think that because no public information exists, it also means no confidential information exists?

Am I missing something obvious about why this should be really scary?  Or am I misunderstanding, and you just don't like the escalation of an online conflict into the physical world?  (That one scares me a bit--I'm not totally sure how I feel about it.)

Now everyone is a medical expert issuing armchair diagnosis.

Next time one of you get sick, call your doctor (who also knows ur history well) and ask him or her to diagnose you over the phone. See what the doctor tells you.

They said the exact same about the National Enquirer for 3 months when they wrote stories about primary poll-leading John Edwards's extra-marital affair & love child.  Who ended up being right there?

A broken clock is right twice a day. If they keep peddling these conspiracy theories , I'm sure some will ultimately stick. I hope you apply these principles in investing too. Just because you picked

a winning stock doesn't make you a great investor . In the long run your process will determine the results.

A broken clock is right twice a day. If they keep peddling these conspiracy theories , I'm sure some will ultimately stick. I hope you apply these principles in investing too. Just because you picked

a winning stock doesn't make you a great investor . In the long run your process will determine the results.

I always find it amusing to be lectured my someone with a fraction of my life experience.  As far as my financial welfare please don't be concerned, I'm doing just fine. 

I always find it amusing to be lectured my someone with a fraction of my life experience.  As far as my financial welfare please don't be concerned, I'm doing just fine.

Buffett reportedly reads extensively. He has a process and ignores a whole lot (macro forecasts, likely almost all all forecasts for that matter) but he's reported to read a huge, huge amount. I figure the trick may be to read, read, read, so you have a whole lot of exposure to what's going on in the world and maybe even be able to identify a trend early, but also so little surprises you. If you want to avoid mistakes and prevent being blindsided and ambushed by reality, you take it all in, but reserve judgement on everything you read. Scuttlebutt is just that, scuttlebutt, until confirmed.

"Investor20, I'll read your whole post later. But as for your first sentence, no matter how you spin it, inconvenience, or whatever. The simple fact is that they were not soldiers period. They were civilian employees and contractors. Your statement was verifiably false and instead of accepting it you keep going on. That means there is no reasoning with you."

For readers of such posts, is it any wonder anymore why a mule is symbolism of the Democratic Party?

Cardboard

We should be careful dismissing an idea because of the person who said it, and should be equally careful accepting an idea because of the person who said it. Consider the logic, not the source.

http://observer.com/2016/09/exclusive-hillary-clinton-campaign-systematically-overcharging-poorest-donors/amp/

are you kidding me? I would be totally shocked if this is true. This is outright financial fraud!

Hillary Clinton’s campaign is stealing from her poorest supporters by purposefully and repeatedly overcharging them after they make what’s supposed to be a one-time small donation through her official campaign website, multiple sources tell the Observer.

"Investor20, I'll read your whole post later. But as for your first sentence, no matter how you spin it, inconvenience, or whatever. The simple fact is that they were not soldiers period. They were civilian employees and contractors. Your statement was verifiably false and instead of accepting it you keep going on. That means there is no reasoning with you."

For readers of such posts, is it any wonder anymore why a mule is symbolism of the Democratic Party?

Cardboard

Cardboard, I did not feel like even responding to the arguments that these guys are civilians.  It's as if someone's profession changes if they are on contract. Whether a person is an engineer does not change with whether they are contracting or on full time employment. The american govt gives them a bag full of guns, grenades, etc and puts them in war zone and there are people who call them civilians?

I was reading upon this a little more, and the US govt. did not recognize their efforts for a long time, and even bills were introduced. These guys gave up their lives to save other Americans.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/local_coverage/herald_bulldog/2016/04/glen_dohertys_family_awarded_400000_death_benefit

A bill to posthumously award the Congressional Gold Medal to each of J. Christopher Stevens, Glen Doherty, Tyrone Woods, and Sean Smith

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/114/s2407

A soldier is not just a "profession". A soldier is a member of his nation's military. Their status changes, not because they are on contract, but because they left the military, which makes them not soldiers. I don't know why this is so hard to grasp. Regardless of whether you carry a rifle, grenades, or operate predator drones, you are not a soldier if you are not in the military.

The reality is you're trying to spin the story and lying. "Dead contractors" isn't as sexy to you as "Dead soldiers".

Donald Trump is an illiterate flip flopper on monetary policy and also traffics conspiracy theories. A normal candidate would be castigated for their ignorance, but for Trump, it is par for the course.

"Trump’s Yellen cycle began in October, when, in an interview with The Hill, he accused Yellen of keeping down the Fed’s key interest rate, known as the Fed funds rate, because President Obama “doesn’t want to have a recession-slash-depression during his administration.” (This raised the question, of course, Who expects a President to want a recession-slash-depression?) By the spring of this year, Trump had revised his thinking about Yellen. “I have nothing against Janet Yellen whatsoever,” he told CNBC, on May 5th. “She’s a very capable person. People that I know have a very high regard for her.” Trump explained his newly rosy view by endorsing the very policy he had mocked a few months earlier. “She’s a low-interest-rate person; she’s always been a low-interest-rate person. And I must be honest, I’m a low-interest-rate person.” A couple of weeks later, Trump reiterated his happy view of the Fed chair. In an interview with Reuters, he said, “I’m not a person that thinks Janet Yellen is doing a bad job.”

This week, Trump was back on the attack. On Monday, he told CNBC that Yellen should be “ashamed” of the low-interest-rate policy that Trump himself endorsed so fully in May. “She is obviously political, and she’s doing what Obama wants her to do,” he said. Once again, Trump made the claim that there was a secret Obama-Yellen pact to keep rates low, rooted in their nefarious desire to prevent an economic crisis. They both knew, he said, that “as soon as [rates] go up, the stock market is going to go way down.” On Thursday, after giving a speech at the Economic Club of New York, Trump again took aim at the Fed. “The Fed has become very political,” he said. “Beyond anything I would have ever thought possible.”

It’s impossible to reconcile Trump’s conflicting statements on Yellen and the Fed’s interest-rate level. Low interest rates can’t be both smart policy and evidence of corruption, just like Yellen can’t be both “very capable” and a shameful Obama stooge. But beyond the contradictions, Trump has betrayed a basic misunderstanding of how central banks work. Take his statement that he and Yellen are both “low-interest-rate” people. Yellen, he said, has “always been a low-interest-rate person.” Central bankers like to say that the entire point of the Federal Reserve is to “lean against the wind,” meaning that, when the economy is growing so fast that it risks inflation, the Fed raises its interest rate, and, when economic growth is sluggish, the Fed lowers it. In the context of central banking, Yellen is often identified as a “dove,” which means that she is generally a bit more concerned about lowering unemployment than about the risks of inflation. But calling Yellen a “low-interest-rate person” is like calling a doctor concerned about a patient’s high fever a “low-temperature person.” Yellen, like all central bankers, is not a low-interest or high-interest person. She’s a person for whatever interest rate is appropriate, given economic conditions. In her two decades of votes as a senior Fed official, she has voted for higher rates plenty of times.

Where Trump is most clearly and dangerously wrong is in his accusation of political interference by the White House. Yellen doesn’t make decisions about the interest rate on her own. As chair, she has one vote on the Federal Reserve’s twelve-member Open Market Committee, which is currently made up of five members appointed by President Obama and seven members who come from regional Federal Reserve banks and who are chosen by their own boards, made up of bankers, businesspeople, and, in some cases, community representatives. It’s a diverse lot—several members of the committee have shown no particular loyalty to the President. What’s more, the board’s decision-making process about the interest rate is public. We know how each of the twelve members vote at each meeting of the committee. The Fed even releases a “dot plot,” which shows how the different members expect to vote over the coming years.

On Thursday, at the Economic Club of New York, Trump was asked specifically how he would advise the Fed, and his answer was filled with as much narcissism and nonsense as any he had given before. “Well, as a real-estate person, I always like low interest rates, of course,” he said. “Obama wants to go, he wants to play golf, and he wants to leave. He doesn’t want to have any stock-market disruptions. . . . I think the Fed is totally being controlled politically.” He concluded, “I really believe if it was a political decision or the right decision, they’re going to go with the political decision every time.”

What would a President Trump’s monetary policy be? Judging by his words and the people with whom he surrounds himself, the options appear to range from fringe kookiness and ignorance all the way to nihilistic collapse."

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/trump-and-the-truth-the-interest-rate-flip-flop

Donald Trump is an illiterate flip flopper on monetary policy and also traffics conspiracy theories. A normal candidate would be castigated for their ignorance, but for Trump, it is par for the course.

What would a President Trump’s monetary policy be? Judging by his words and the people with whom he surrounds himself, the options appear to range from fringe kookiness and ignorance all the way to nihilistic collapse."

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/trump-and-the-truth-the-interest-rate-flip-flop

Even Warren Buffett is confused about about zero interest rates!

“You can read Adam Smith, you can read [John Maynard] Keynes, you can read anybody and you can’t find a word to my knowledge on prolonged zero interest rates—that is a phenomenon nobody dreamed would ever happen,” Buffett told CNBC"

“That doesn’t mean I think it’s the end of the world when it ends, but I don’t think anybody knows exactly what the full implications” of negative rates will be, he said. “I hope to live long enough to find out,” Buffett said.

Even Warren Buffett is confused by negative interest rates

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/even-warren-buffett-is-confused-by-negative-interest-rates-2016-04-29

How can Warren Buffett or any one else can know what zero interest rates mean?  They are lowest in 5,000 years not just in US, but all of 5,000 years of civilization!

Interest Rates Are The Lowest They've Been In 5,000 Years: Bank Of America

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/06/20/interest-rates-negative-yields-debt-supernova_n_10532462.html

Even Warren Buffett is confused about about zero interest rates!

“You can read Adam Smith, you can read [John Maynard] Keynes, you can read anybody and you can’t find a word to my knowledge on prolonged zero interest rates—that is a phenomenon nobody dreamed would ever happen,” Buffett told CNBC"

“That doesn’t mean I think it’s the end of the world when it ends, but I don’t think anybody knows exactly what the full implications” of negative rates will be, he said. “I hope to live long enough to find out,” Buffett said.

Even Warren Buffett is confused by negative interest rates

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/even-warren-buffett-is-confused-by-negative-interest-rates-2016-04-29

How can Warren Buffett or any one else can know what zero interest rates mean?  They are lowest in 5,000 years not just in US, but all of 5,000 years of civilization!

Interest Rates Are The Lowest They've Been In 5,000 Years: Bank Of America

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/06/20/interest-rates-negative-yields-debt-supernova_n_10532462.html

0% interest means people have no time preference for money or goods.  Negative interest litterally means that people prefer money and goods later rather than sooner and are willing to pay more the longer you keep it from them.    It is nonsensical and could never be found in a free market without government force and manipulations.

0% interest means people have no time preference for money or goods.  Negative interest litterally means that people prefer money and goods later rather than sooner and are willing to pay more the longer you keep it from them.    It is nonsensical and could never be found in a free market without government force and manipulations.

I don't see why you would find it so nonsensical. In a situation when people are over levered and have a desire to delever they prefer savings (pay down debt) to goods. This is turns depresses the demand for credit which drives down interest rates and yes if that desire to delever is widespread enough and strong enough it can make the price negative.

Also keep in mind that for the people who delever the interest rate is positive because they're paying down debt they've accumulated years ago at higher rates so effectively they're getting a pretty good deal.

The theoretical reason why interest rates can't go below zero is that is that you can keep physical cash which pays zero, but physical cash does have carry costs that makes the minimum price for cash below zero how much below we don't know for sure yet.

As you can see that's all market driven supply and demand no government.

I don't see why you would find it so nonsensical. In a situation when people are over levered and have a desire to delever they prefer savings (pay down debt) to goods. This is turns depresses the demand for credit which drives down interest rates and yes if that desire to delever is widespread enough and strong enough it can make the price negative.

Also keep in mind that for the people who delever the interest rate is positive because they're paying down debt they've accumulated years ago at higher rates so effectively they're getting a pretty good deal.

The theoretical reason why interest rates can't go below zero is that is that you can keep physical cash which pays zero, but physical cash does have carry costs that makes the minimum price for cash below zero how much below we don't know for sure yet.

As you can see that's all market driven supply and demand no government.

So can you let me borrow $1M at a -5% APR for 30 years or would 50 years be more preferable?  Actually if you'd prefer I would be willing to promise to not pay you back and keep accepting your interest payments to me indefinitely.