The MicroCap Conference

microcapconf

Hey guys/gals,

Just wanted to see if there's any interest in this forum. We're hosting a conference in Philadelphia on October 24th and 25th this year, and it's completely free for investors. We'll be bring in about 50-70 companies, who will give presentations and have 1-on-1 meetings with investors. If you're interested, you can register at www.microcapconf.com. Feel free to shoot me a PM or comment below if you have questions

Fred

Great question Graham.

We try to find the most interesting companies in the micro-cap space. A lot of companies are growth names that are nearing an inflexion point or catalyst. We also try to add value names and companies who have never presented at a conference before, these are a bit harder to drag out because they aren't as use to speaking to investors. We have in-house analysts doing the selection and we ask our speakers for their opinion as well.

Checkout our speaker list we have the Chairman of Emerald Asset Management in addition to authors of the popular blogs Greenbackd, Basehit Investing, and OTC Adventures: http://microcapconf.com/conferences/philadelphia-2016/

Disclaimer: I have not attended previous MicroCap conferences. I have some loose connections to some of the organizers and presenters.

On the positive side, I think this is a good opportunity to meet some people from CoBF and blogosphere. I guess oddballstocks will be attending and others mentioned by Fred.

Also on positive side, if you are getting into micro(nano)cap stock investing, it might be an easy opportunity to listen/talk to managements and start growing the 5th sense of whether they are bulshitting or if they are straight shooters. ;)

On the negative side, some of the companies will be not interesting, over promotional, not-really-value investments, etc. Don't expect every company to be a great management, great capital allocation, great business or at least cigar butt at great valuation.

I'm not sure if the list of companies from previous conferences is still available. If it is, you might look through it and see if there's at least couple companies that interest you. I think there were couple that interested me a bit, though I never followed up.  :-\

All the best to organizer and attendees. I think I won't attend and instead buy couple shares of nanocap XXXXX from the money saved on flights and hotel. Sorry. ;) Have a great conference. ;)

On the positive side, I think this is a good opportunity to meet some people from CoBF and blogosphere. I guess oddballstocks will be attending and others mentioned by Fred.

Just an FYI I am not involved with this going forward and won't be attending.  That said Fred puts on a great conference that is well worth attending even if I'm not there.  It's a great event to meet other investors and find some good potential investments.  There is the promotional factor for some companies, but overall Fred has a good eye on picking companies to attend.  Fred isn't picking pump and dumps like most conferences, he has a great eye for quality undervalued and off the radar names.

• 1 month later...

I cannot attend, however am really interested in seeing the presentations. Will you be recording these and posting them online? (preferably with contact details of the speakers and downloadable Powerpoint slides).

Thanks a lot for organizing this! I have ideas about companies I would like to see but I assume you have companies in mind already :)

• 2 weeks later...

Here is our (almost) final list of presenting companies!

ARFXF

ASPU

AXBSF

AYTU

BCYP

BKYI

BSGM

CGIX

CLBS

CREX

CVSI

EFOI