Homerun for FRFHF

shalab

Mistake of Omission

Prem bought Thomas Cook India at Rs. 60 for control from Thomas Cook UK and Mr. Market gave us multiple opportunities to buy in fifties at BSE (Bombay Stock Exchange) for the next six months. As CM says, I was sucking my thumb. Prem made it clear in his letter to his shareholders that Thomas Cook will be his platform for more acquisitions in India. He then bought Ikya Global with it came Aijit Isaac. This was all before Fairfax India. I met him at the FFH Annual Meeting in Toronto next year and was very impressed with him. I will not make the same mistake again as I plan to buy Quess when it becomes reasonable.

• 2 weeks later...

My rough math puts it closer to $38m invested by FFH with a market value of approximately $600m now.

My assumptions - a crore is worth approx $150k.  According to the article, FFH paid Rs 245 crore for a 68% stake in 2013 that is today valued at nearly Rs 4,000 crore at a post-IPO stake of 62.58%.

My rough math puts it closer to $38m invested by FFH with a market value of approximately $600m now.

My assumptions - a crore is worth approx $150k.  According to the article, FFH paid Rs 245 crore for a 68% stake in 2013 that is today valued at nearly Rs 4,000 crore at a post-IPO stake of 62.58%.

I may be being really thick but I don't see how this is possible when the share price has "only" gone from 50 to 200?