I Need a Laugh. Tell me a Joke. Keep em PC.

doughishere

5 hours ago, Spekulatius said:

Yep, its the same one and a big tax bill coming.

I keep almost everything in tax-advantaged accounts or holding companies, so my tax bill is usually a refund or nominal at most after deducting expenses and the benefit of lower taxes for small corporations.  I have very little outside of those accounts other than the equivalent of a year's income, which I keep quite liquid and don't trade much in...emergency funds.  But I'm sure many of you bought crypto, which I didn't and you can't keep those in tax-advantaged accounts.  Cheers!

2 hours ago, Parsad said:

I keep almost everything in tax-advantaged accounts or holding companies, so my tax bill is usually a refund or nominal at most after deducting expenses and the benefit of lower taxes for small corporations.  I have very little outside of those accounts other than the equivalent of a year's income, which I keep quite liquid and don't trade much in...emergency funds.  But I'm sure many of you bought crypto, which I didn't and you can't keep those in tax-advantaged accounts.  Cheers!

Nice.  Real Estate aside, my investments are about 2/3rd in retirement accounts and 1/3 in taxable.  So a lot more than a year's salary in taxable.   I'm going to be paying a lot more than my year's salary at my day job in capital gains taxes alone for 2021.  That is very unusual though.  I was hoping the LAACO deal would close in January, but unfortunately it happened in December. I also bought & sold an unusual amount of options last year (and sold a piece of land I owned in Maine. So it was like everything just piled into 2021.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Having student loans is largely the result of a lifestyle choice. Going off to party for 4 years while studying something the statistics tell you is a total waste, is a choice.

Whereas the pandemic loans were a result of....brace yourself as I know its been some years now and revisionist history is grand, many governments.... fined, even imprisoned and otherwise shut down small and mid sized businesses; they made them against the law and those allowed to operate were burdened with bogus restrictions, and then these government folks told everyone else they could only shop at big corporate stores like Walmart. So yea, I totally see the gotcha-ness of all those making that comparison......

• 3 weeks later...