1920s accounting of before and after crash

moore_capital54

Greetings old friends,

Years ago, I remember reading about a book (I believe it was an online pdf version) that was a remarkable accounting of the years leading up to the 1929 crash. The name escapes me and I have been unable to unearth via search or memory. I think it may have been ericopoly or another member that brought it up.

This would be much appreciated for a project I am working on internally.

Best,

Moore

Nope but I did end up finding it! https://www.amazon.com/Only-Yesterday-Informal-History-1920s/dp/0060956658/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1465668361&sr=8-2&keywords=since+yesterday

Only Yesterday and Since Yesterday. I recall reading these online and they were great accounts of the period from non-financial perspective.

Thank You for trying to assist.

• 1 month later...

Barry Wigmore's book about the crash, The Crash and it's Aftermath: A History of Securities Markets in the United States 1929-1933may be what you are looking for. It covers a lot of what was going on in sectors that aren't usually covered in histories of the Great Depression, such as the Municipal Bond market. I believe it also discusses the accounting implications. Incredibly well-researched, but not easy to read. Looks crazy expensive on Amazon.

• 4 weeks later...