Kiplinger Magazine's Warren Buffett Quiz

valuebull

Try your hand at this 15 question Warren Buffett quiz, it takes 5 minutes or less (Source: Kiplinger's Personal Finance magazine, July 2016)

www.kiplinger.com/links/buffettquiz

I answered 14 out of 15 questions correctly.

Good luck and have fun!

Guest longinvestor

Try your hand at this 15 question Warren Buffett quiz, it takes 5 minutes or less (Source: Kiplinger's Personal Finance magazine, July 2016)

www.kiplinger.com/links/buffettquiz

I answered 14 out of 15 questions correctly.

Good luck and have fun!

14 also for me

got them all.  but it does not show anything other than i read 2 biographies of him Snowball and the Lowenstein book.

Speaking of which, apart from the fact that Snowball is more recent, I preferred the education of an american capitalist.  And you?

I dunno.  I sort of liked Snowball more just for the detail but recently re-watched a talk Alice gave at UVA and she said some seemingly off stuff like Charlie Munger is "purely a social friend of Warren's", when asked about his role at BRK. It also seems like WEB has sort of cut her off; didn't see her book listed on the annual meeting handout this year for example and her book sort of makes some pretty big psychological analysis type leaps, especially for a former insurance analyst.  Basically, seems perhaps a little too opinionated for a biographer.  Lowenstein has been around a long time so he's probably got more depth of knowledge about the man.

I dunno.  I sort of liked Snowball more just for the detail but recently re-watched a talk Alice gave at UVA and she said some seemingly off stuff like Charlie Munger is "purely a social friend of Warren's", when asked about his role at BRK. It also seems like WEB has sort of cut her off; didn't see her book listed on the annual meeting handout this year for example and her book sort of makes some pretty big psychological analysis type leaps, especially for a former insurance analyst.  Basically, seems perhaps a little too opinionated for a biographer.  Lowenstein has been around a long time so he's probably got more depth of knowledge about the man.

I was surprised when I re-read Lowenstein's biography, after having read Snowball, how much of Snowball was already there.  I loved them both, but when I think back to how groundbreaking Lowenstein's work was, I have to give it a nod.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...