Greg Alexander's Acacia

Supposedly, Alexander is one of Buffett's favorite investors. From what I've read, he also runs Acacia through Sequoia. I'm basing it off of this:

http://news.morningstar.com/articlenet/article.aspx?id=754681

"Next, the firm announced the makeup of the newly formed investment committee, including analysts Arman Gokgol-Kline, David (Chase) Sheridan, Trevor Magyar, John Harris, and Greg Alexander; Alexander will be a nonvoting member of the committee. Harris and Alexander will not be actively involved in managing Sequoia as they run their own respective separate private portfolios, Wishbone and Acacia."

anyone seen performance of the fund or know anything about it? This is the first time I've run across it.

Looking at some of my notes from Sequoia’s recent meeting on Friday:

Acacia is a $5 Billion fund run by Greg Alexander (30 years’ experience) with a team of 7 people vs Sequoia ($5B and 9 people).

The fund has outperformed the S&P for 25 years! Acacia has successfully invested in some foreign companies over the years.

Greg mentioned that it was a hell of a 6 months at RCG and that the they have a reputation on Wall Street for doing the best research.

There are two types of people in the world: those who are humble, and those who are about to be.

Roger Lowenstein

Hey Versailles,

thanks for the additional information. Did they say what his performance is though? Or if it's beaten SEQUX? I would assume it has but not sure. SEQUX also outperformed for over 25 years (and 40).

• 1 month later...

stahleyp:

The meeting was exclusively about Sequoia and they didn't cover Acacia's returns & holdings.

Munger_Disciple:

I apologize but  RCG's team specifically requested not to post meeting notes on the blogosphere.

Sequoia's transcript should be published in the upcoming weeks.