Soros Short Bets Big Against US

wescobrk

I'm not copying the cnn article in case there are copyright issues, but the headline was he bets big with a $430 million short bet.

The article also says his net worth is $25 billion.

How the hell is 2% a "big" bet?

Sounds like a almost zero conviction bet to me.

I guess I'm getting cranky as I get older, but how the hell do these articles get written?

I guess they got me to click and that is all that matters.

Who cares about quality of writing now?

Guest cherzeca

I'm not copying the cnn article in case there are copyright issues, but the headline was he bets big with a $430 million short bet.

The article also says his net worth is $25 billion.

How the hell is 2% a "big" bet?

Sounds like a almost zero conviction bet to me.

I guess I'm getting cranky as I get older, but how the hell do these articles get written?

I guess they got me to click and that is all that matters.

Who cares about quality of writing now?

first mistake is to read cnn

Good article on the "Soros put" story: http://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-05-25/kick-the-click-bait-habit .

So please folks, don’t encourage this foolishness by giving in to the temptation to click on every salacious, but misleading, headline you see. You will only encourage them.

I would add: please don't encourage this foolishness by reposting said stories on this forum.

Good article on the "Soros put" story: http://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-05-25/kick-the-click-bait-habit .

So please folks, don’t encourage this foolishness by giving in to the temptation to click on every salacious, but misleading, headline you see. You will only encourage them.

I would add: please don't encourage this foolishness by reposting said stories on this forum.

Thanks so much. I clicked your link... and then clicked another 10 links in the Bloomberg link list.  :-\ Another hour wasted...  :'( Why did you do it?  :'(

;)