If American - which presidential candidate will you vote for?

LongHaul
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't matter who is president we will run through a recession sometime in the next 4 years.

Unless Bloomberg decides to jump in somehow.  I really plan to sit this election cycle out since the only thing positive I can see about the candidates is they would fit in nicely on the Jerry Springer show.

Too bad you only have 2 to choose from. Not as democatic as most Western nations. We have 3-4 parties in Canada, with any 3 of those having a really good chance of forming the next govt. We now have the Liberal Party (sort of like your Democrats) in power now.

In my group of family, friends & associates I don't know a SINGLE person who is actively supporting Hillary.  Many are supporting Trump, some Bernie Sanders.  A few said they MIGHT vote for Hillary, but really don't like her & the associated scandals & sleaze....

I think Bernie is a fool when it comes to economics, but at least he is honest....

I think a lot of things are going to change when it is Trump vs. Hillary in the debates.  He is the only candidate that will go after her for the scandals.  If Bernie was more effective in attacking her, he very well might have won the nomination.

There is also a chance (small) that Hillary is indicted over her server.  There is also a small chance that an indictment comes over the Clinton foundation.  I've been hearing rumors about that for a while now...

We'll see.  This is going to be the most interesting race in many, many years!

I don't like either, but I have noticed conservative friends who formerly hated Trump trying to justify to themselves why a vote for him might not be so bad. It's an interesting transformation to watch. They don't like him, but he's not the party candidate and they can't imagine ever identifying with another party. So they are working on rationalizing this to themselves.

My gut says Trump wins.

In my group of family, friends & associates I don't know a SINGLE person who is actively supporting Hillary.  Many are supporting Trump, some Bernie Sanders.  A few said they MIGHT vote for Hillary, but really don't like her & the associated scandals & sleaze....

I think Bernie is a fool when it comes to economics, but at least he is honest....

I think a lot of things are going to change when it is Trump vs. Hillary in the debates.  He is the only candidate that will go after her for the scandals.  If Bernie was more effective in attacking her, he very well might have won the nomination.

There is also a chance (small) that Hillary is indicted over her server.  There is also a small chance that an indictment comes over the Clinton foundation.  I've been hearing rumors about that for a while now...

We'll see.  This is going to be the most interesting race in many, many years!

Hah, you could replace Clinton with Trump and vice versa and your have my situation, but I live in the NYC bubble so I don't know what the rest of the country is thinking. But seriously, what are you fucking thinking? The man referenced the size of his penis in a speech. He hinted that a moderator was on her period when she challenged him in a debate. He basically called Ted cruz's wife ugly in public. That's your leader? Jesus...

From the perspective of a neighboring country I find it absolutely mind boggling that anyone could consider voting for Trump. Entertaining? Sure that's fine for a TV show, but is that really what you want in your leader?

He's an absolute disgrace, and although I'm not a big fan of Hillary I hope she absolutely shreds him in the debates. He has no business getting even a sniff at the White House.

When I hear someone say they support Trump, I don't know what it is they're supporting.

We haven't heard any of his actual policy positions. We've heard 3rd-grade-level solutions to current problems. Extremist Islam is a problem? Ban Muslim immigration. Mexican immigration is a problem? Build a wall. US Debt is a problem? Refinance it.

"I am the king of debt. I do love debt. I love debt. I love playing with it," a moron once said.

I get it when people say it's entertaining. It is entertaining when there's nothing on the line. But this is the guy you want meeting with world leaders? This is the guy you want signing legislation?

When I hear someone say they support Trump, I don't know what it is they're supporting.

We haven't heard any of his actual policy positions. We've heard 3rd-grade-level solutions to current problems. Extremist Islam is a problem? Ban Muslim immigration. Mexican immigration is a problem? Build a wall. US Debt is a problem? Refinance it.

"I am the king of debt. I do love debt. I love debt. I love playing with it," a moron once said.

I get it when people say it's entertaining. It is entertaining when there's nothing on the line. But this is the guy you want meeting with world leaders? This is the guy you want signing legislation?

+1

I'll keep getting my entertainment from Netflix, I don't want wildcards in the White House dealing with National and Foreign policy.

I used to think that those supporting Trump were out of their mind. Although I still do not support Trump, I understand those who do.

I found the following three articles very helpful in understanding the rise of Trump. First two have been referenced in this weekend's Mauldin letter.

1. Trump and the Rise of the Unprotected

http://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-and-the-rise-of-the-unprotected-1456448550

2. The Secret Shame of Middle-Class Americans

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/05/my-secret-shame/476415/

3. The re-emergence of the Jacksonians

http://blog.mpettis.com/2016/03/the-re-emergence-of-the-jacksonians/

Vinod

Scott Adams has been saying that Trump will win in a land slide since last August when everyone else still thought he was a joke.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/comic-riffs/wp/2016/03/21/donald-trump-will-win-in-a-landslide-the-mind-behind-dilbert-explains-why/

Here is just one point of many good ones he makes:

4. If facts don’t matter, you can’t really be “wrong.”

Trump “doesn’t apologize or correct himself. If you are not trained in persuasion, Trump looks stupid, evil, and maybe crazy,” Adams writes. “If you understand persuasion, Trump is pitch-perfect most of the time. He ignores unnecessary rational thought and objective data and incessantly hammers on what matters (emotions).”

I am independent politically.  I still need to research Hillary Clinton but am coming out against Trump.

The race is deadly serious as I think there is increased risk of WW3 with a Trump in power.  Hundreds of millions could die so this is not to be taken lightly.  He actually reminds me of Hitler as a charismatic leader selling things to an upset/angry population.  Angry people can be easy to con.  It could be Trump vs. Putin as a battle of Egos that we all pay the price for.

Trump is an interesting extreme person who is a fascinating case study.  Contrast Trump with a Mike Bloomberg, Romney or a George Washington and the contrast is about as enormous as ever.  Trumps skills are in marketing, public relations and sales - basically persuasion.  And he is charismatic, rich, powerful - which means one has to be even more on guard.  But he is really just a human being if you look past the facade.

Good Points:

1.  Blunt

2.  No need to pander to anyone

3.  Knows about real estate and some about business

4.  Has some good ideas

Bad points

1.  Egomaniac

2.  Narcissist

3.  Liar

4.  Untrustworthy

5.  Racist

6.  Sexist

7.  Elitist

8.  Bully

9.  Self Delusional

10. Massively overconfident even in areas with little experience that have complex systems.

11. Not humble at all (even after his early 90's bust)

12. Megalomaniac

Bottom line - the guy seems very dangerous as president.

"How to Identify the Symptoms of Megalomania

Megalomania is a psychopathological disorder where in the person experiences delusional fantasies of greatness, wealth, grandeur, omnipotence and superiority. The person with this type of mental illness will be obsessed with doing extravagant things, will think only about themselves, will not have any concern for others and will have lust for power and money. A megalomaniac person will also exaggerate his/her talent in an unrealistic egoistic way, consider them as unique and will be self- centered. According to the experts, this mental disorder is related to Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) which means self-love. How and why this type of illness develops may be because of different behavioral characteristics, childhood and nature of parenting during childhood days. One of the best examples of a megalomaniac in history was Adolf Hitler."