ORH payment

islonim

I received the money on October 27th.....and I will have a nasty income tax bill to pay on April 30th!

SJ

So what was the justification for making this a taxable event instead of just giving ORH shareholders FFH stock?  FFH sold more shares to raise capital for the transaction no?  I could understand it if they didn't raise money through issuing shares, but this seemed like a bad decision for shareholders of ORH from a taxation standpoint no? (I remember this being partially discussed before but can't remember what was concluded)

I received the money on October 27th.....and I will have a nasty income tax bill to pay on April 30th!

SJ

So what was the justification for making this a taxable event instead of just giving ORH shareholders FFH stock?  FFH sold more shares to raise capital for the transaction no?  I could understand it if they didn't raise money through issuing shares, but this seemed like a bad decision for shareholders of ORH from a taxation standpoint no? (I remember this being partially discussed before but can't remember what was concluded)

Yeah, in the spring I posted some crap about how I wanted FFH to buyout ORH using a share exchange instead of cash.  At least they bought out ORH, even if it was just for cash.  Anyway, I used the proceeds to buy FFH shares, but the capital gains tax represents unnecessary friction for my portfolio....

You know life is good when you're bitching about all the income tax you're forced to pay.

SJ

SJ

So what was the justification for making this a taxable event instead of just giving ORH shareholders FFH stock?

I figure that FFH wanted to sell large stock blocks to the friendly institutional investors waiting in the wings.