Berkshire Hathaway 2016 Meeting - Books for Sale at the Meeting

valuebull

The attached flyer shows the books being sold at the annual meeting.  These books were approved by Warren Buffett to be sold at the meeting.

The books new to the Annual Meeting Selections for 2016 include:

1. All I Want to Know is Where I’m Going to Die so I’ll Never go There: Buffett and Munger—A Study in Simplicity and Uncommon, Common Sense by Peter Bevelin ($28 list price, 2016). 

2. Charlie Munger: The Complete Investor by Tren Griffin ($24.95 list price, Columbia Business School Press, 2015).

3. Getting There: A Book of Mentors by Gillian Zoe Segal ($24.95 list price, Abrams, 2016).

4. Habit of Labor - Lessons from a Life of Struggle and Success by Stef Wertheimer ($29.95 list price, Overlook, 2015).

5. Limping on Water: My 40-year Adventure with One of America’s Outstanding Communications Companies by Phil Beuth ($24.95 list price, 2016).

6. My Warren Buffett Bible: A Short and Simple Guide to Rational Investing: 284 Quotes from the World's Most Successful Investor by Robert Bloch ($14.99 list price, Skyhorse, 2015).

7. Uniquely Omaha: 101 Things to Know about the Big O by Mike Kelly ($29.95 list price, Omaha World-Herald, 2015).

8. Warren Buffett's Ground Rules: Words of Wisdom from the Partnership Letters of the World's Greatest Investor by Jeremy C. Miller ($29.99 list price, Harper, 2016). 

9.  <New Edition> Berkshire Hathaway Letters to Shareholders: 1965-2014, collected by Max Olson ($34.99 list price, 2016).

10. <New Edition> The Essays of Warren Buffett, Lessons for Corporate America, 4rd Edition, collected by Lawrence Cunningham ($32 list price, 2015).

11. <New Edition> Of Permanent Value: The Story of Warren Buffett- 50 Years and Beyond Edition of 2016 by Andrew Kilpatrick ($75 list price, 2016).

12. <Charlie's Pick>  The End of Alchemy: Money, Banking, and the Future of the Global Economy by Mervyn King ($28.95 list price, Norton, 2016).

Source: BookwormOmaha.com

BerkshireAnnualMeeting2016Flyer.pdf

• 8 months later...
Guest longinvestor

Finished reading (listening to on Amazon's- Audible, nice product!!) Berkshire Beyond Buffett- Cunningham

Don't know if any one else has read this book. Would like to hear thoughts.

I thought it was well researched, focused primarily on the Berkshire culture.

Some things that leapt out from the book:

- There are two possible future $50 to 100 B subs in Kraft-Heinz and WMT (Walton family should want to share it, of course)

- The field of most likely potential candidates for the CEO job is atleast 10 and includes: Jain, Abel, Rose, Hambrick, Clayton, Ptak, Rosier (McLane); The successor's age becomes a factor as Buffett motors on. Carole Loomis has pointed this out, don't fret about Buffett's age, worry about the next guy's! Cunningham is exactly right in that the one with the longest runway with acquisitions is a prime candidate. Ptak is a very interesting candidate.

- When Buffett announced his estate plan in 2006, that meant that his 31% ownership dilution to strangers would be the dominant aspect of the transition. Imo, there is a decent chance that by the time that it is all given away, there will be an equivalent retirement of shares via buybacks. They should leave the buyback at 1.2xBV for a long time - to cast a wide net. Trickling that up from 1.1x to 1.2x for example netted nothing.

- Cunningham mentions ownership interest of Berkshire's bod, subs, large funds (Davis, Gardner-Russo et al) which, collectively are well north of 10% (voting and economic); It would take someone with big $alls to make an activist run at BRK.

- Could Berkshire be taken private? Back to the future!