Problems with print version of Barrons? refusal to deliver?

DTEJD1997

Hey all:

I am wondering if anybody else has problems with the print version of Barron's magazine?

Years ago, I was living in TX and was given a subscription as a gift for Christmas.  In June, I was asked how I liked the paper by the giver.  Whut whut?  I never got a single issue.  I was not aware I was supposed to even get it...

After some amount of calling & prodding. I eventually got most of the issues.  Not 100%  but maybe 90%.  OK.

Now I live outside of Detroit.  Same thing.  EXCEPT THIS TIME, I knew I was supposed to get it.  I've also called 4 times now.  Each time I'm assured it will be delivered.  They have the right address...

I've asked a supervisor/management to call me back.  They never do.

I've got to wonder if Dow Jones does not also have a problem with the WSJ?

I've lived in 2 different geographic areas, and had SEVERE problems getting a product.

Anybody else have this problem?

I'm getting printed version of Barron's. I mostly did not have issues with delivery. They changed deliverer recently in my area. Couple issues went missing. I reported it online and got the sub extended 2 weeks and no delivery problems since.

They use third party delivery - Warren Buffett newspaper boys haha - that are presumably not well compensated. One possibility might be to get to know your local delivery person and tip them - if it's consistently the same person...

BTW, you should have online version access together with your print subscription. That might not be much consolation, but you can access full print version online...

I'm getting printed version of Barron's. I mostly did not have issues with delivery. They changed deliverer recently in my area. Couple issues went missing. I reported it online and got the sub extended 2 weeks and no delivery problems since.

They use third party delivery - Warren Buffett newspaper boys haha - that are presumably not well compensated. One possibility might be to get to know your local delivery person and tip them - if it's consistently the same person...

BTW, you should have online version access together with your print subscription. That might not be much consolation, but you can access full print version online...

Jurgis:

Yes, I do have access to the online version, but it is not quite the same.  I enjoy perusing the print.  I find that I wind up reading many more articles in print than I do online.

Many years ago, I was a paper delivery boy.  I don't think they exist these days, the delivery is handled by adults.  Barrons is also orders of magnitude more expensive than the paper was/is.

I would try and get to know/tip the delivery person, but I've never got an issue in Detroit!

Jurgis:

Yes, I do have access to the online version, but it is not quite the same.  I enjoy perusing the print.  I find that I wind up reading many more articles in print than I do online.

Many years ago, I was a paper delivery boy.  I don't think they exist these days, the delivery is handled by adults.  Barrons is also orders of magnitude more expensive than the paper was/is.

I would try and get to know/tip the delivery person, but I've never got an issue in Detroit!

Yeah, I understand. I also read paper version and barely glance at online.

I was partly kidding about deliver boys. My previous delivery person left tipping envelopes with delivery, so I assumed they were somewhat independent party, possibly not well paid. :)

Your issue seems to be with the deliver contract organization and not delivery person. Maybe keep reporting "delivery issue" in Barron's online portal. Maybe Barron's will hit their contract organization for your area at some point...

Good luck