"I am on the Kill List" (not investment-related)

Liberty

I thought this was an interesting read, and that others here might find it worth their time.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/i-am-on-the-us-kill-list-this-is-what-it-feels-like-to-be-hunted-by-drones-a6980141.html

Found via David Simon (writer/director of The Wire, Treme, Generation Kill, The Corner, Show me a Hero, etc), on Twitter.

With Trump this is just the begining, he'll go after that man, and his family too!

When an innocent person is killed in war, who bears moral responsibility? The free country acting to protect its citizens from slaughter or the people who made such action necessary?

Unfortunately the soldier who pulls the trigger is the one who suffers the greatest karmic agony hence the name ("soul-dies" or "soul destroyed" or "soul crucified" in latin "dierectus" means "is destroyed" or "is crucified" or "is gone to the crows"). Wise soldiers switch to farming. We could all learn from the example of Diocletian who was the only Roman Emperor to voluntarily retire to his gardens. Most emperors were killed.

There is no such thing as collective punishment in natural law. That is part of the effective narrative used by the scum who seek to control others. Maybe the english language was designed by similar scum who sought to avoid the karmic agony themselves. They are wrong as the persons giving the orders also suffers as indicated by the tragic end for most Roman emperors.

When an innocent person is killed in war, who bears moral responsibility? The free country acting to protect its citizens from slaughter or the people who made such action necessary?

Not a good idea to justify killing innocent people by shifting responsibility. If you want to look back on why specific actions were necessary you shouldn't stop at step 1. Trace it all the way back. You might not like what you find.

When the "free country acting to protect its citizens" is operating flying killer robot drones to terrorize women and children of a land half a world away, you gotta stop and ask yourself -- "are we the bad guys?". "Are we the Death Star?" "Are we the ultimate terrorists?"

When the "free country acting to protect its citizens" is operating flying killer robot drones to terrorize women and children of a land half a world away, you gotta stop and ask yourself -- "are we the bad guys?". "Are we the Death Star?" "Are we the ultimate terrorists?"

Recent media stories have covered how the U.S. voluntarily bombed a Doctors Without Borders facility and tried to cover it up. Further, we are responsible for more innocent civilian deaths in Yemen than is al-Quada and other terrorist groups. We killed thousands of innocent civilians in the invasion of Iraq - significantly more than died in the Twin Towers which we used to justify the war.

We've long been the terrorists in the region by accepting the fact that we accidentally drone bombed a wedding as collateral damage or by being willing to bomb hospitals run by non-profits to get at a single individual inside. We lost this war the moment we lost any sense of moral obligation to the innocent in the area and partnered with countries like Saudi Arabia and Turkey...

Recent media stories have covered how the U.S. voluntarily bombed a Doctors Without Borders facility and tried to cover it up. Further, we are responsible for more innocent civilian deaths in Yemen than is al-Quada and other terrorist groups. We killed thousands of innocent civilians in the invasion of Iraq - significantly more than died in the Twin Towers which we used to justify the war.

We've long been the terrorists in the region by accepting the fact that we accidentally drone bombed a wedding as collateral damage or by being willing to bomb hospitals run by non-profits to get at a single individual inside. We lost this war the moment we lost any sense of moral obligation to the innocent in the area and partnered with countries like Saudi Arabia and Turkey...

Two sides are engaged in a war. One side fights to remove a threat from the lives of a free people. The other side fights to instate a caliphate, a global theocracy that subjugates the individual and exists to violate the most basic rights of man- including the execution of homosexuals and apostates. If you are blaming the deaths of innocents on the free side, it's time to question some basic moral assumptions about war.

I'm glad that in another era, Americans had the moral backbone and sense of righteousness to put an end to the other barbaric regimes which threatened western freedom. Now we face enemies so certain in their own righteousness that they are willing to blow themselves up. Yet when an enemy combatant risks a non-profit hospital by seeking treatment, our intellectuals blame us for the consequences. If the author of this article was an actual ally of peace, his attitude would be like other freedom fighters in the past. He would cheer for our victory so the threat of Islamic terror would finally be annihilated. Instead, he questions OUR moral standing to weaken our resolve (could it get any weaker anyway?). It's clear to me what side this man is on.

Put an end to barbaric regimes? Who the hell do you think placed and funded people like Saddam Hussein, Osama bin Laden, Gaddafi, and Assad in power?!?!

Our enemies our of our own making and are funded with our own money and using weapons that we gave them. This is most clear in the recent defection of many American-armed, American-trained Syrian rebels to ISIS. There should be no cheering for ignorant foreign policy that alienates generation after generation given them more and more reason to hate us and fueling the extremist ideology. 

We've been at war with "terror" for nearly two decades and guess what?!? We're losing. Terrorist attacks are a significantly more frequent occurrence. Extremists control more area, resources, and command more people than they did before. Our allies are our enemies and our enemies are our allies depending on which country we're in. Do you know how insanely f*cked up that is?!?!

We're fighting a war against an undefined enemy (was Iraq, then Afghanistan, they Syria, now ISIS) killing tens of thousands of innocent civilians to correct errors that we made in the past 20 years - but terrorism is still INCREASING in occurrence. I don't think it's so crazy to see if maybe, just maybe, we're part of that problem. There's probably a handful of people out there who truly hate freedom - the rest just hate us because we stripped them of their sovereignty, their resources, their opportunity, and then we killed their parents just because we could.

It's amazing to me that anyone still thinks that blowing trillions of dollars ensuring the next generation hates us even more is good foreign policy, but I must not be a true 'Merican or a Freedom Fighter from the good ole days because I give a damn about the loss of innocent lives.