Barron's magazine

feynmanresearch

It's not a bad offer at all. Few magazines are as reliable of a contrarian indicator.

ahah. I routinely get free subscription offers. Checked their site once and just couldn't get myself to look at it again, it's such a horrible design.

Reuters is one of the best sources of news and information out there, many times better than any paid subscriptions.  It has great twitters and RSS feeds, all free. Most importantly, it is quite objective, just delivering the news compared to WSJ, Bloomberg etc. that frequently have some sort of an agenda.

I used to subscribe to Barrons (for several years), and they seemed to be wrong a lot more than they were/are right.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Barrons (at least for the most part) doesn't have their own analysts. A majority of their articles are opinions of many different fund managers. In that sense, it's not much different than trusting opinions of all the talking heads on places like CNBC and Seeking Alpha.

I used to subscribe to Barrons (for several years), and they seemed to be wrong a lot more than they were/are right.

That's not evidence.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Barrons (at least for the most part) doesn't have their own analysts. A majority of their articles are opinions of many different fund managers. In that sense, it's not much different than trusting opinions of all the talking heads on places like CNBC and Seeking Alpha.

I don't watch CNBC, so no comment. Seeking Alpha has a lot of crap, has some good analysis.

Barron's publishes interviews with fund managers. It also has columns by its journalists about stocks. They do annual performance review. Unfortunately it's per-column and not really scientific, I admit that.

Barron's has been subject to PE creep: in 2011 they recommended buys at 10-12x current earnings, while now they recommend buys at 15-18x future earnings. But this is something pretty much everyone is guilty of with the market runup.

OK, I'll bite the bullet and say that Barron's is right more than CoBF forums. :) Now this should enliven the discussion. :P

That's not evidence.

Go to Barrons.com. Scroll down to the 'Barrons Picks & Pans section'. Watch this over an extended period of time to see how often they are wrong/right.

That's not evidence.

Go to Barrons.com. Scroll down to the 'Barrons Picks & Pans section'. Watch this over an extended period of time to see how often they are wrong.

I read Barron's. I know what they pick and pan. What you are saying is still not an evidence.

Have fun.

well, I don't know of anyone who's tracked all their results over an extended period of time. Barrons certainly does have some good info as well. It's of course up to everyone to sort through all the opinions in their articles.

Barron’s 2016 Roundtable, Part 1: A World of Opportunities

Our nine investment pros see lots of cheap stocks, but little chance that the market will rally sharply in 2016. Why global growth is challenged, rates will stay low, and India could prosper.

http://www.barrons.com/articles/barrons-2015-roundtable-part-1-a-world-of-opportunities-1452927095