Cloning Results

kranthi_vic

I think the bottom line is to not blindly clone and only buy what you would have a conviction to hold otherwise (after all the 13F only comes out each quarter, and you could be caught with your pants down if the guru has sold the entire stake out in the interim).

I think the bottom line is to not blindly clone and only buy what you would have a conviction to hold otherwise (after all the 13F only comes out each quarter, and you could be caught with your pants down if the guru has sold the entire stake out in the interim).

I have to admit I find it slightly ironic that Pabrai---as one of the self proclaimed cloners has had such a difficult time.  It makes one wonder if he really did all the research he should have done or as Dabuff says got caught with his pants down.

I have to admit I find it slightly ironic that Pabrai---as one of the self proclaimed cloners has had such a difficult time.  It makes one wonder if he really did all the research he should have done or as Dabuff says got caught with his pants down.

After following Pabrai for 13 years, I realized a few years ago that he is not as good investor as I thought. He took some big risks, some paid off handsomely when he sold but lots of stocks fell off cliff after he sold. I do not like the idea of clone. We were all born differently and have different education and experiences. That is what circle of competence about. If you do not understand the business inside and out, you will be tested by the market at some point.

After following Pabrai for 13 years, I realized a few years ago that he is not as good investor as I thought. He took some big risks, some paid off handsomely when he sold but lots of stocks fell off cliff after he sold. I do not like the idea of clone. We were all born differently and have different education and experiences. That is what circle of competence about. If you do not understand the business inside and out, you will be tested by the market at some point.

We were all born differently and have different education and experiences. That is what circle of competence about. If you do not understand the business inside and out, you will be tested by the market at some point. +1  That being said there are some investors out there who I am more comfortable cloning based on their "batting average"