Micro&Nano Cap podcast

feynmanresearch

Turn off the AC and/or use Audacity or some other editing tool to isolate & remove the background noise. It'll improve production quality a lot.

You could get a higher quality mic, though note that if your computer has a shitty power supply you'll get an awful buzzing noise with some of them (Blue Yeti is what I use), which is time consuming but not particularly difficult to remove in post production.

Edit: Actually your audio isn't too bad, it's the guy on the other end.

Not directed at your podcast (I haven't listened to it yet) but I get frustrated listening to podcasts where you can hear the host clicking away at a mouse or keyboard. I know some research happens during the podcast as some answers illicit new questions or fact finding but it needs to be edited out.

I listened to one last week and the guests phone kept dinging for a text.

I remember an episode of the Value Guys podcast where one of them was eating....................

Sorry, my rant is done. ;D

Not directed at your podcast (I haven't listened to it yet) but I get frustrated listening to podcasts where you can hear the host clicking away at a mouse or keyboard. I know some research happens during the podcast as some answers illicit new questions or fact finding but it needs to be edited out.

I listened to one last week and the guests phone kept dinging for a text.

I remember an episode of the Value Guys podcast where one of them was eating....................

Sorry, my rant is done. ;D

This is a good rant.  I've been doing a podcast over the past few months and have learned a lot.  First off you need a good mic, spend up for a mic.  Secondly on the keyboard.  My co-host constantly gets on me case about this.  I figured out the issue.  I had the mic stand on the same desk as the keyboard.  Any keyboard movements were transmitted into the mic.  I have a little isolation pad, plus muting is key.

Podcasting is fun, I've enjoyed interviewing investors more than I ever expected.  A few hundred dollars in equipment and an internet connection and you're good to go!

I have to say you do a fantastic job Nate. Nothing against Fred but his style was more about having a set few generic questions and that was kind of it for the first few podcasts.  At the end when he always says, OK, great........got it............" It sounds like he really hasn't been listening.

But you've added a ton to the podcast. It's nice you engage the guest and think about good follow up questions to dig deeper. You also seem to build a rapport with the guests rather than it just being a regular interview Q and A.