CHARLIE MUNGER ON THE PSYCHOLOGY OF HUMAN MISJUDGMENT

doughishere

Have you read:" Seeking Wisdom: From Darwin to Munger"?

I have not....i opened it up for a minute but got hooked on another book....now its in storage...blah blah. Its on the list.

I did however watch the Experimenter last night...very good movie based on the Milgram Experiments.

While I love Charlie and his work -- the simple knowing of this makes no difference. I grew up valuing ideas like this. However the intellectual knowing of this which can take MANY years to read and learn is much less powerful than the visceral getting of it which usually only takes hours to days.

While I love Charlie and his work -- the simple knowing of this makes no difference. I grew up valuing ideas like this. However the intellectual knowing of this which can take MANY years to read and learn is much less powerful than the visceral getting of it which usually only takes hours to days.

I absolutely agree. Knowing of it takes many years. I first read this 4-5 years ago and I re-read it the other day and it takes on a whole new meaning, because my experiences have changed since I last read it. But I think the framework still holds true. I'm a Star Trek guy but I like Star Wars also and I have to think that there's some value from trying to learn from those that have come before me. I have to think that I can learn from yoda on the caveat that I must move forward to situations even yoda has never had to deal with before.

Sorry all....I'm not very fun at parties.

I absolutely agree. Knowing of it takes many years. I first read this 4-5 years ago and I re-read it the other day and it takes on a whole new meaning, because my experiences have changed since I last read it. But I think the framework still holds true. I'm a Star Trek guy but I like Star Wars also and I have to think that there's some value from trying to learn from those that have come before me. I have to think that I can learn from yoda on the caveat that I must move forward to situations even yoda has never had to deal with before.

Sorry all....I'm not very fun at parties.

I agree with these.  Easy to spit something back for a test but to really understand it and change your behavior is more difficult.

If you really know something you do it.