Help Finding a Buffet Quote.

doughishere

kraven is a user here, who (and i feel i can quote this), fervently believes that "anyone who dares call himself a value investor in the footsteps of graham and buffett should be reading AT LEAST 500 pages daily, of only the most tediously informative material."

other activities such as: eating, sleeping, bathing, spending time with your family (aside from a predetermined 30 minutes during federal holidays), or doing ANYTHING else is simple counterproductive.

if you don't know how the latest soybean harvest in the Jiangsu province will impact the cost of freight in the southeastern US, you simply shouldn't be managing your own capital and better leave it to the true geniuses working at kiewit plaza.

just kidding of course :D

from the link above:

"I insist on a lot of time being spent, almost every day, to just sit and think. That is very uncommon in American business. I read and think. So I do more reading and thinking, and make less impulse decisions than most people in business. I do it because I like this kind of life." —Warren Buffett, from goodreads.com.

Can you keep up with five-hours-a-day reader Warren Buffett?

Published: May 14, 2015

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/can-you-keep-up-with-five-hours-a-day-reader-warren-buffett-2015-05-14

Warren Buffett's Right-Hand Man Reveals the Oracle's Secrets for Success

"Instead he's continuously dedicated to learning and gaining greater knowledge:

Warren is one of the best learning machines on this earth. The turtles who outrun the hares are learning machines. If you stop learning in this world, the world rushes right by you. Warren was lucky that he could still learn effectively and build his skills, even after he reached retirement age. Warren's investing skills have markedly increased since he turned 65."

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/09/07/warren-buffetts-right-hand-man-reveals-his-secrets.aspx

Budding Buffetts: Where to begin?

"The question is, "What should I do to become a great investor?" and it is asked for the first time by an earnest 17-year- old from San Francisco who says he is attending his tenth consecutive meeting.

Buffett's emphatic answer is simple and straightforward: "Read everything you can," he says with finality.

This is advice that Buffett has been giving for years, and it is advice that he will give in different ways throughout the morning and afternoon, for he strongly believes - and Munger concurs, calling Buffett "a learning machine" - that it was the reading he did in his formative years that shaped his approach to investing and prepared the groundwork for the next 50 unprecedented successful years.

And Buffett isn't kidding ..."

"By the age of 10," he goes on, "I'd read every book in the Omaha Public Library with the word finance in the title, some twice."

Buffett's reading habits did not stop when he was 10. He still reads literally thousands of financial statements and annual reports each year - as he has done for each of the last 50 or more years that he's been investing. Friends and acquaintances who are invited to share a jet with Buffett report that he'll chitchat briefly and then start reading. Andrew Kilpatrick, author of the massive Buffett hagiography - Of Permanent Value -- reported that Buffett once mentioned, while the two were at a book signing, that he had 50 books at home, waiting to be read.

kraven is a user here, who (and i feel i can quote this), fervently believes that "anyone who dares call himself a value investor in the footsteps of graham and buffett should be reading AT LEAST 500 pages daily, of only the most tediously informative material."

other activities such as: eating, sleeping, bathing, spending time with your family (aside from a predetermined 30 minutes during federal holidays), or doing ANYTHING else is simple counterproductive.

if you don't know how the latest soybean harvest in the Jiangsu province will impact the cost of freight in the southeastern US, you simply shouldn't be managing your own capital and better leave it to the true geniuses working at kiewit plaza.

just kidding of course :D

LOL!  Funny, but I think Kraven will probably stab you through your heart while you are sleeping tonight...and then go back to reading.  Cheers!

And Buffett isn't kidding ..."

"By the age of 10," he goes on, "I'd read every book in the Omaha Public Library with the word finance in the title, some twice."

Buffett's reading habits did not stop when he was 10. He still reads literally thousands of financial statements and annual reports each year - as he has done for each of the last 50 or more years that he's been investing. Friends and acquaintances who are invited to share a jet with Buffett report that he'll chitchat briefly and then start reading. Andrew Kilpatrick, author of the massive Buffett hagiography - Of Permanent Value -- reported that Buffett once mentioned, while the two were at a book signing, that he had 50 books at home, waiting to be read.

Funny thing, Mike Laziridis, by the time he was 13 read every science book in his library, won an award. This is not to say his decisions/returns are to  be compared to buffett but you cannot discount the facts that the man himself was a genius also.