Best Tools for News and Alerts

BG2008

You can do RSS feeds for any company through EDGAR so SEC filings is easy. Can also track Form 4s for insider traders. For news stuff, I subscribe (usually RSS) to the company's press/news releases, most of this is through the company's website.

Also, I just learned you can flag Google Alert stuff as irrelevant and then in theory it learns over time what you care and don't care about. So the past couple days I've been flagging all Zack's notifications as irrelevant, hopefully that problem is solved here soon.

Guest notorious546

You can do RSS feeds for any company through EDGAR so SEC filings is easy. Can also track Form 4s for insider traders. For news stuff, I subscribe (usually RSS) to the company's press/news releases, most of this is through the company's website.

Also, I just learned you can flag Google Alert stuff as irrelevant and then in theory it learns over time what you care and don't care about. So the past couple days I've been flagging all Zack's notifications as irrelevant, hopefully that problem is solved here soon.

+1 for google alerts

i use it to track a few investors, just spits out articles that have an investor mentioned. frequency set to weekly to avoid too much noise

I use RSS feeds when they are available and use Inoreader (www.inoreader.com) to keep track of new news. When there is no RSS feed I subscribe to investor mails. And when that is not available either, I bookmark the newspage and regularly open all bookmarks at once. F.e. Chrome offers a good way to open all links in a folder (right click on the folder and select 'Open all bookmarks').