Mindware - Richard Nisbett

netnet

Mindware, Tools for Smart Thinking

This is among the absolute best books on how to think.  It is brilliant, simply brilliant.  Nisbett is a psychology professor at U. Michigan. (Not that it matters, but he is one of the most distinguished psychologists in the world.)

Basically, if you want to think better buy this book.  I am reminded of what Munger said of another book,(paraphrase) if you can't learn from this, too bad for you, give it to someone who can.

Nisbett gives the reader tools to use and concrete examples how to employ these tools from psychology to economics to statistics to enrich your thinking and your life.

Nisbett with a razor wit and mind informs that working statisticians, often don't apply what they know to their own lives. (Kind of scary actually.)

One caveat, he totally blunders when talking about buying stock, but other than that, this is the work of genius, and will make you a better thinker. 

Enjoy

• 1 month later...

Mindware, Tools for Smart Thinking

This is among the absolute best books on how to think.  It is brilliant, simply brilliant.  Nisbett is a psychology professor at U. Michigan. (Not that it matters, but he is one of the most distinguished psychologists in the world.)

Totally agree. One of the best books I've read recently. A lot in common with Daniel Kahneman's Thinking Fast and Slow (which I also highly recommend). Easy to understand concepts that are applicable in many facets of life.

• 2 years later...