Twitter

Cunninghamew

I know a lot of people on here also have twitter. I recently killed my account and created a new one, because overtime it had turned into noise. Many "fundamental" investors suddenly turned into timing experts when the market decided to sell-off. The remaining fundamental investors seem like they only want to talk about "platform" companies. I am all for having a great capital allocator at the helm, but soo much value seems to be placed on what a company will be rather than what it is today. I am not smart enough for that.  It might have been easier to just un-follow people, but I wanted a clean start.

In an ideal world, I would love to have the underwriting discipline of Graham, but also an appreciation for what makes a good biz. I don't want my underwriting to require a competitive advantage to extend well into the future. I want a competitive advantage to exist, but who am I to underwrite it 10 years out. This is turning into a diatribe, but are there any true value investors out there whose approach could be described as have your cake and eat it too?

Recommendation on who to follow and what they are good at welcome

I know a lot of people on here also have twitter. I recently killed my account and created a new one, because overtime it had turned into noise. Many "fundamental" investors suddenly turned into timing experts when the market decided to sell-off.

I noticed that of a couple of my follows too. As time goes on I look more to cut people from my feed as I do looking for new people to follow.

One small cap individual investor posts more about global macro/political now. He's cut.  ;D

I very much enjoy the guy who posts under Bluegrass Capital. I am not willing to pay the multiples he pays for many of those businesses, but have found him to be a good resource for making lists of companies that are (a) fun to read about like TDG and (b) might be worth having a basic understanding of in case they ever trade at rock bottom multiples.

Also, enjoy reading the stuff TrenGriffin posts as well as PlanMaestros charts