Can you recommend some audible.com books?

muscleman

If you like history try Truman or 1776 by David McCullough (and read by him). I don't remember who the author is but Lyndon Johnson in the Passage of Power is excellent (about the JFK assassination and  LBJ taking over, Civil rights act etc)

If you like westerns there are many Louis Lamour books.  Mysteries Tony Hillerman has several.

Almost any book has an audible. I get most of mine from the library. 

What do you like to read/listen to?

If you listed the books you liked listening to it would give an idea of similar things we can suggest.

http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/130.Best_Audiobooks_Ever

We use it for the family so ive ended up listened to everything from Horton hears a who, Winnie the Pooh, the Harry Potter Series, to I am Spock, Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy, Game of Thrones and Einstein by Walter Isaccson and even Snowball.

The way I recommend books for audible is to typically choose long autobiographies. I also purchase with credits so I feel like I am getting the biggest bang for my buck. Examples are Titan and Snowball. Two extremely long books that are normally north of 30 dollars(Snowball right now is showing as 60) and can be purchased for one credit at 14 dollars.

Another free option is Librivox. Not always perfect audio, but pretty good. Books I've enjoyed:

- Autobiography of Andrew Carnegie.

- Letters from a self made merchant to his son.

- The autobiography of Benjamin Franklin.

- The Meditations.

Others I've downloaded that I haven't started:

- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn

- Letters of Ulysses S Grant to his father and youngest sister.

- Moral Letters  (Seneca)

- Of peace of Mind (Seneca)

- Of the shortness of Life (Seneca)

- The history of the decline and fall of the roman empire - Edward Gibbon.

- The wealth of nations.

I listen to loads of audiobooks. Some recent ones that I enjoyed are Red Notice and The Emperor Far Away. Almost all new titles of a certain size gets narrated these days, so that's good.

I like to come back to some titles that I have read the regular way and listen to them too. A nice way to freshen up on the material without having to focus as intently on it as if reading. Free my hands for dishwashing, driving or whatever.

I really enjoyed Snowball, Stress Test and We Learn Nothing (useless, but entertaining essays about life).

However, I don't recommend the Franklin Biography by Walter Isaacson.

Thank you! I do enjoyed snowball a lot. I just added the other two to my wish list for now.  :)

What do you like to read/listen to?

If you listed the books you liked listening to it would give an idea of similar things we can suggest.

http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/130.Best_Audiobooks_Ever

We use it for the family so ive ended up listened to everything from Horton hears a who, Winnie the Pooh, the Harry Potter Series, to I am Spock, Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy, Game of Thrones and Einstein by Walter Isaccson and even Snowball.

I listen mostly to finance related things. Like Snowball, Confidence game, Alchemy of Finance, King Icahn.