Taking trip to Dublin, Copenhagen, Florence, Rome

no_thanks

hi all,

My wife and I are getting to take a trip starting Aug. 21 in Dublin, and spending about four days in each of these cities.

I would love to meet up with (almost :)) any of you or hear of any advice or tips for these cities.  Thanks!

What a lovely trip !

I have been to these cities except Dublin... As an ex BoI investor I'd love to go there one day to 'give back to the economy' LOL

If you are in Copenhagen I'd suggest go to a small town called Louisiana just outside of Copenhagen by 1h by train... There is an awesome design museum there.  Copenhagen itself is also very , very wonderful, if it wasn't so .... expensive

Florence and Rome will be a  lot of fun anywhere you go !  Enjoy !    Gary

A good time saving tip for Italy is say you want to go to a museum in Florence or the Vatican in Rome, go online to buy your tickets ahead of time, either before your trip for the attractions you are sure you want to see, or even just buy and print at your hotel the evening prior to seeing the attraction. That way, the next day you just stroll in and avoid the huge ticket buying line ups (eg, 1-2 hour wait to buy your ticket into the Vatican). I would do this for the handful (say 2-3 places in Rome and 2 in Florence) of really popular attractions, rather than every place you intend to visit.

Its pretty hard to go wrong in Florence and Rome. A couple nice day trips from Florence are Pisa and Sienna if you have the time (about 1 hour and change each by train).. but Florence itself is beautiful to enjoy for quite a few days.

In Copenhagen, if you are a foody, or just don't mind paying for a tremendous dining experience, try getting reservations at Noma - one of the top restaurants in the world. Kinda have to plan ahead for this, but who knows...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noma_(restaurant)

In Copenhagen, if you are a foody, or just don't mind paying for a tremendous dining experience, try getting reservations at Noma - one of the top restaurants in the world. Kinda have to plan ahead for this, but who knows...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noma_(restaurant)

If you cant get reservations for Noma then you could try Osteria Francescana in Modena while in Florence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osteria_Francescana

Thanks everyone, appreciate the tips.  I just put us on the waitlist at Noma, and will look into Osteria Francescana tonight. If you are ever traveling to Atlanta, Georgia, let me know!

We are really excited about this, and have been saving up for a while for a big trip before we have kids.  It is kinda wild that I only heard of Airbnb two years ago, and we are using it exclusively for this trip.  We are going to be meeting and staying with two friends in Copenhagen, and then all going to Florence together and meeting two more friends.  We are saving so much money sharing apartments as opposed to hotel rooms.  Its a brave new world. 

Eating at Osteria Francescana is an awesome experience. Usually you need to reserve a couple of months in advance. Francesco Bottura restaurant based on some expert review is the second best place to eat in the whole world.

There's a Netflix Original Series called "Chef's Table".  Episode 1 is about Massimo Bottura and his restaurant -- excellent episode.

There's also a television show on Netflix called "Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown".  Season 2, episode 4 is "Copenhagen" and is all about Rene Redzepi and "his brainchild, Noma". 

You might want to watch the Copenhagen one sooner rather than later as I've noticed that some series -- like Top Gear -- are ultimately removed from Netflix.