Accepted at Oxford

constructive

Great news - I was just accepted to Oxford's MBA program. Very exciting, although still not an easy decision because it is expensive and a huge life change. I'm currently an architect and I want to transition to a career in asset management or real estate investment/development.

Any Oxonians on here? Any words of advice?

Am a Camtab here. I would say although you would have an easy time getting some interviews if you work hard at it, it will still not be an easy task as most managers do not value a degree that much over prior work experience. I'm sure you will make the transition into the industry but it is no easy task to get the "first choice" job.

Great news - I was just accepted to Oxford's MBA program. Very exciting, although still not an easy decision because it is expensive and a huge life change. I'm currently an architect and I want to transition to a career in asset management or real estate investment/development.

Any Oxonians on here? Any words of advice?

I'm just curious, why do you want to get an MBA to get into real estate investment/development? From what you've posted here it seems like you've got architecture/construction experience? Is there some reason you feel you need an MBA as opposed to starting a RE investment company and building it up?

I completely understand you'd want to get an MBA regardless. Also, congratulations on getting into Oxford!

I'm just curious, why do you want to get an MBA to get into real estate investment/development? From what you've posted here it seems like you've got architecture/construction experience? Is there some reason you feel you need an MBA as opposed to starting a RE investment company and building it up?

I completely understand you'd want to get an MBA regardless. Also, congratulations on getting into Oxford!

Thanks!

My primary interest is asset management - I would really like working at any kind of equity or real estate fund. Real estate development is more of a backup plan. I could probably get into development without getting an MBA, however the jobs I could get now would be lower level, would be more operational instead of financial, and pay considerably less than MBA level positions.