Marquee: The Business of Nightlife HBS Case Study

doughishere

I read this when Plan posted about it on Twitter. There's actually quite a bit of good information on these on running a business, if you look past the example.

Also, the returns on capital were huge. My understanding is that this place is still open today.

Yea, it was sold a few years back, but it's open in both NYC & Las Vegas. (Not sure if the Vegas club is separately owned from the NYC club.)

The funny thing is that I hosted a party there for a charity once, and it's very, very strange to go there during the day to speak with the owners. The thing is just a giant white box. Amazing what you can do with strobe lights, loud music and free flowing liquor!

Yea, it was sold a few years back, but it's open in both NYC & Las Vegas. (Not sure if the Vegas club is separately owned from the NYC club.)

The funny thing is that I hosted a party there for a charity once, and it's very, very strange to go there during the day to speak with the owners. The thing is just a giant white box. Amazing what you can do with strobe lights, loud music and free flowing liquor!

you mean expensively flowing liquor!