"The Fallen of World War II" (must-see video, trust me)

Liberty

A+ presentation. I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Thanks for posting Liberty. 

The long peace and lack of conflict is why I think the US should cut its spending on OFFENSE and just focus on defense and nuclear to save a ton of money.

Much of Eastern Europe had a mass genocide from the Communist Revolution to the times of Stalin.  The book Bloodlands documents much of what happened as most of the victims had been killed in these events or were under dictatorships when the story could be told.  The scale of this is just monumental.  I had to put the book down many times while reading it as it was so disturbing.  For me a good reminder of what freedom really is and how important it is.  The things we debate now as freedom versus are not are trivial in comparison and am indebted to the soldiers who stopped this madness.

Packer 

Great video. Thanks for posting. I had the opportunity to visit Normandy last month, and just came away staggered at what the invading forces accomplished. How anyone made it off Omaha Beach is mind-blowing. Whenever the d-day anniversary came around prior to visiting, I thought I had an appreciation for what occurred. But visiting there certainly changes someone and it's a place everyone should get the chance to visit. 

Much of Eastern Europe had a mass genocide from the Communist Revolution to the times of Stalin.  The book Bloodlands documents much of what happened as most of the victims had been killed in these events or were under dictatorships when the story could be told.  The scale of this is just monumental.  I had to put the book down many times while reading it as it was so disturbing.  For me a good reminder of what freedom really is and how important it is.  The things we debate now as freedom versus are not are trivial in comparison and am indebted to the soldiers who stopped this madness.

Packer

+1 on this.

I really hope that we won't have to experience this in our lifetimes. For a while it seemed that we won't but with rise of Putin's Russia I can't be sure anymore.