Name one product/service that you love and one that you hate

LongHaul

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OT: I really hope they invent something else before I have to go for colonoscopy, since I am so f&(*ing not doing it. I'd rather die. ;)

The actual scope is a breeze. You close your eyes and the next thing you know it is all over.  It is the prep that is a bitch.

Actually, I have a relative who had such bad cramp reaction/pain during colonoscopy that they came out of anesthesia during procedure screaming. Of course we can write it off as botched procedure - perhaps they should have sued - but assuming this is due to sensitivity that might be genetic I'd be worried. :)

Also there's periodic push not to cover full anesthesia, although clearly this might depend on health plan, etc. (I seem to remember that US is one of few countries that cover full anesthesia though I'd have to dig for the source)

Anyway, thanks for positive comments. I'll evaluate when I get to it.

OT: I really hope they invent something else before I have to go for colonoscopy, since I am so f&(*ing not doing it. I'd rather die. ;)

The actual scope is a breeze. You close your eyes and the next thing you know it is all over.  It is the prep that is a bitch.

Actually, I have a relative who had such bad cramp reaction/pain during colonoscopy that they came out of anesthesia during procedure screaming. Of course we can write it off as botched procedure - perhaps they should have sued - but assuming this is due to sensitivity that might be genetic I'd be worried. :)

Also there's periodic push not to cover full anesthesia, although clearly this might depend on health plan, etc. (I seem to remember that US is one of few countries that cover full anesthesia though I'd have to dig for the source)

Anyway, thanks for positive comments. I'll evaluate when I get to it.

I would definitely bring up what happened with your relative and as always with medical procedures do your research to find the best. But as a diagnostic procedure it is definitely worth doing.

But as a diagnostic procedure it is definitely worth doing.

Looks like a tough sell for Jurgis.  It may come down to your offering to try PowerPoint for your lectures.  We may have reached an impasse.

Until now, I never would have thought Powerpoint could be equated with a colonoscopy.  The circle has been squared:  hated products, both.  Well, there you go.

But as a diagnostic procedure it is definitely worth doing.

Looks like a tough sell for Jurgis.  It may come down to your offering to try PowerPoint for your lectures.  We may have reached an impasse.

Until now, I never would have thought Powerpoint could be equated with a colonoscopy.  The circle has been squared:  hated products, both.  Well, there you go.

I'll put together a PowerPoint on the benefit of getting a colonsocopy ;)

Love:  Anthem/Blue Cross (just had my first colonoscopy.  Since it was a screening test, it was free.)

Hate:  Anthem/Blue Cross (all those premium payments for all those years, and all I get is a long one up the a$$.)

LOL

http://www.givenimaging.com/en-us/Innovative-Solutions/Capsule-Endoscopy/pillcam-colon/Pages/default.aspx

Ask your Dr. about it as an option, if they say it is not an option ask exactly why that is and then ask about the difference in costs...