Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future - Ashle vance

yadayada

I just started Seveneves yesterday, but this one will be next.

I just started Neal Stephenson's Baroque cycle yesterday! Another one to add to the pile then.

He's one of my favorite authors.  The depth and scope of his books are amazing.  The Baroque cycle is excellent, everything he's written since Snowcrash is excellent, but my favorites are still Cryptonomicon and Anathem.  I'm almost 200 pages into Seveneves after one night, it is hard to put down.

Anathem, and probably Seveneves after that, although I'm less than a quarter through it, it is very good so far.

Then probably Reamde. I enjoyed Reamde, although it was lighter on the Science than many of his other works, it could be turned into a great action adventure movie.

Next would be The Baroque Cycle, slow at times, but really good over all.

Then The Diamond Age and finally Snowcrash.  They are both good (especially Diamond Age), but not at the level of his later stuff.  As far as his first books go, I couldn't get into Zodiac and I've never read his first novel (I forget the name and too lazy to look it up).

I've read both Cryptonomicon and Anathem twice, plus listened to the audiobook versions once.  All the others I've only read once.

Anathem, and probably Seveneves after that, although I'm less than a quarter through it, it is very good so far.

Then probably Reamde. I enjoyed Reamde, although it was lighter on the Science than many of his other works, it could be turned into a great action adventure movie.

Then The Diamond Age and finally Snowcrash.  They are both good (especially Diamond Age), but not at the level of his later stuff.  As far as his first books go, I couldn't get into Zodiac and I've never read his first novel (I forget the name and too lazy to look it up).

I've read both Cryptonomicon and Anathem twice, plus listened to the audiobook versions once.  All the others I've only read once.

Thanks. I used to read a lot of fiction, but now I pretty much only read non-fiction. I need to free up more time to be able to do both :)

Thanks. I used to read a lot of fiction, but now I pretty much only read non-fiction. I need to free up more time to be able to do both :)

I try to read both, although I used to read more fiction than I do now.  I used to read every new book by Stephen King, Dean Koontz, John Grisham, Ken Follett, and many others, but there are only a few fiction authors I rush out to buy every new book now.  Neal Stephenson is definitely one of those,  F. Paul Wilson is another.

I've read both Cryptonomicon and Anathem twice, plus listened to the audiobook versions once. 

Why are they so long?! ;D ;D

Gio

You know it is a good book when you finish a thousand page book and wish it didn't have to end so soon.

Have you guys read Iain M. Banks' early sci-fi stuff? I remember enjoying them quite a bit. Some highlights:

Consider Phlebas

Player of Games

Use of Weapons

I read Consider Phlebas. It was a fun and quick read, but the ending of it was so bad it put me off his books. Now I practically read the synopses on wikipedia to see if I want to read a new sci-fi book.

Have you guys read Iain M. Banks' early sci-fi stuff? I remember enjoying them quite a bit. Some highlights:

Consider Phlebas

Player of Games

Use of Weapons

I used to read a lot of sci-fi also when I was younger. Those 3 Banks'novels are some of my favorites too :)

Now, I'm trying to return to good sci-fi (so Stehenson) and I try to alternate between fiction and non-fiction, so a good polar, a biography of Musk, a good sci-fi novel, a book on investing, and so on.

• 3 weeks later...

I just started Seveneves yesterday

A great novel! :)

Thank you very much,

Gio

No problem Gio.  It was really good. 

I just finished the Musk book last night and loved it.  I read it in 3 days, which is pretty quick for me. A book that size would usually require 5-7.  I started reading at my normal time then stayed up later than I should have all 3 nights.    Between Seveneves and the Elan Musk biography I've been doing that too often lately.  I'm going to have to read something a little more boring next so I can get some sleep. :)

• 2 months later...