Online value investing course...

menlo

Isn't it more worthwhile (and cheaper ;) ) to go through Damodaran's classes/slidesets on his site? ( http://pages.stern.nyu.edu/~adamodar/ )

Disclaimer: I have not gone through Damodaran's classes/slidesets in depth. I like some of his stuff and don't like other parts. YMMV.

I watched Damodaran's course series on YouTube a couple months back and thought it was very good. I think due to his target audience he is forced to blend traditional value investing with modern portfolio theory which may result in some questions from someone mostly interested in value investing. That said, the company case studies he does are excellent and it's all free which you can't beat.

I think due to his target audience he is forced to blend traditional value investing with modern portfolio theory which may result in some questions from someone mostly interested in value investing.

I agree with the above and think it may put off many classic investors on this board. I highly respect Damodaran and am an avid reader of his blog, but I attempted to watch some of his course videos and thought he spent way too much time on stuff that really doesn't matter.