The house opposite to Buffett's is for sale :-)

Didn't a lunch with Buffet get auctioned by a charity for $1 million last year? If time with WB is that valuable, I'd buy the house and invite Warren to dinner as often as possible.

That's why I suggested for Buffett to Zuckerberg it. ;)

If I was aspiring money manager, I'd grab it without thinking. OMG what opportunities. Better than a lunch for $1M. Seriously. The guys here who want to go to the top should really consider this.  8)

Didn't a lunch with Buffet get auctioned by a charity for $1 million last year? If time with WB is that valuable, I'd buy the house and invite Warren to dinner as often as possible.

That's why I suggested for Buffett to Zuckerberg it. ;)

If I was aspiring money manager, I'd grab it without thinking. OMG what opportunities. Better than a lunch for $1M. Seriously. The guys here who want to go to the top should really consider this.  8)

I know you're joking, but I don't think that'd work. It'd make you look like a stalker and a creep if a HF manager just so happened to buy it and started "bumping" into Buffett all the time.

It may not seem like it, but Buffett is a human just like the rest of us and deserves to be treated like one. I hope it's bought legitimately and folks leave the guy alone to enjoy his twilight years as best he can.

Just my two cents.

I know you're joking, but I don't think that'd work. It'd make you look like a stalker and a creep...

No, actually I am not joking.

You presume that anyone who'd do it would look like a creep. I disagree. It's possible to buy that house and get to know Buffett nicely. (Yes, running across the street on a move-in day to share your stock pick is possibly not the way to go  ;) )

There's been a bunch of people who have met with Buffett in various circumstances and have benefited from it. In some cases (Ted, Todd, Tracy), Buffett benefited from meeting them too.

I'm not saying it's easy. But, yes, it's a great opportunity for a right person. Whether anyone will take it, we'll see. ;)

Take care

I think if you want to benefit from Buffett (Ted, Todd, etc.), you need to be able to offer something extraordinary.

If you are that extraordinary, then just write him a letter explaining the wonderful opportunity to meet with you.  I am sure you will be the first.

I know you're joking, but I don't think that'd work. It'd make you look like a stalker and a creep...

No, actually I am not joking.

You presume that anyone who'd do it would look like a creep. I disagree. It's possible to buy that house and get to know Buffett nicely. (Yes, running across the street on a move-in day to share your stock pick is possibly not the way to go  ;) )

Yes, I presume you'd look like a creep. Because you would be a creep. And it'd be really obvious the motivation if some hedge fund manager bought the place and was like, "oh, what, the Warren Buffet lives next door? I had no idea. What are the odds?"

Social intelligence is a real thing. You can ignore it if you're rich and most people will pretty much give you a pass, but otherwise, doing so is really not in your best interest.

And it'd be really obvious the motivation if some hedge fund manager bought the place and was like, "oh, what, the Warren Buffet lives next door? I had no idea. What are the odds?"

You are assuming that this is the only way to do it: pretend you did not know.

So let me agree with you that this is not the way to do it and finish with that.  8)

There are good way(s) to do it. But let's have prospective buyers find them themselves.  8)

Two houses for sale - the one you are talking about is really playing it up in the marketing -

http://www.livenexttowarrenbuffet.com/

(not super classy..)

Well, that's why Zuckerberg Zuckerberged his neighbors...

Nice house I have to say.

Not worth $2.16M though.  The other house seems underpriced, that one seems overpriced.  The website shows a complete lack of class, no one who would want to live near WEB is going to want to pay more than a house is worth to some jerk who would put up such a website.  Just my opinion of course.  Maybe they'll sell it.

Not worth $2.16M though.  The other house seems underpriced, that one seems overpriced.  The website shows a complete lack of class, no one who would want to live near WEB is going to want to pay more than a house is worth to some jerk who would put up such a website.  Just my opinion of course.  Maybe they'll sell it.

Agreed.

I saw somewhere that there is a house across the street where the owner is asking for 10 A shares, so now I'm confused. Was that a parody/joke? Or are there two houses for sale there?

Two houses for sale - the one you are talking about is really playing it up in the marketing -

http://www.livenexttowarrenbuffet.com/

(not super classy..)

Wow that is incredibly tacky. At least be discreet and ask for a high cash price instead of A shares, and make just one mention of Buffett instead of dedicating half the site to it!