‘Rent-a-Foreigner in China’ -

BG2008

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/28/opinion/rent-a-foreigner-in-china.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur&bicmp=AD&bicmlukp=WT.mc_id&bicmst=1409232722000&bicmet=1419773522000&_r=0

While this is a silly practice.  It has profound implications in that there are arms length transactions in large enough sample sizes determining the premiums assigned for various types of races.  As expected, people overseas pay a larger premium for Caucasians.  Comments regarding race based pricing starts at 2:00 

Man the real estate bubble is quite bad in China!

The Chinese attitude towards race is very different from the Western attitude. It is explicitly hierarchical and transactional. I wouldn't conclusively say that it says one thing or the other about the Chinese real estate bubble in particular. If it weren't real estate, it would be scamming people by having "Western engineers" at factories, or "Western experts" at drug plants, and on and on.

Guest 50centdollars

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/28/opinion/rent-a-foreigner-in-china.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur&bicmp=AD&bicmlukp=WT.mc_id&bicmst=1409232722000&bicmet=1419773522000&_r=0

While this is a silly practice.  It has profound implications in that there are arms length transactions in large enough sample sizes determining the premiums assigned for various types of races.  As expected, people overseas pay a larger premium for Caucasians.  Comments regarding race based pricing starts at 2:00 

Man the real estate bubble is quite bad in China!

This is one of the dumbest things I have heard of in my life!