Ridley Inc (RCL.TO)

ourkid8

Another wonderful investment for Fairfax! (they hold a 78% position in the company)

Ridley Inc. (RCL.TO) and a subsidiary of Alltech, Inc. ("Alltech") announced today that they have entered into a definitive agreement that provides for the acquisition of Ridley by Alltech for CAD $40.75 per share. The total consideration payable to Ridley shareholders is approximately CAD $521 million.

The price of CAD $40.75 per share represents a premium of approximately 23% to the 20-day volume weighted average price of Ridley's common shares on the TSX as of April 22, 2015. The closing price of the Ridley shares on the TSX on April 22, 2015 was CAD $33.94.

Now, time to speculate what Prem will do with the ~$325M USD that he'll be getting out of it....

Buy back some Brit from OMERS?  ;)

Actually given how well the company has done, I wish he had put more money into it and expanded.....we need to stop selling off all these little gems and grow them, in BRK like fashion.....

my $0.02

cheers

Zorro

Now, time to speculate what Prem will do with the ~$325M USD that he'll be getting out of it....

Actually given how well the company has done, I wish he had put more money into it and expanded.....we need to stop selling off all these little gems and grow them, in BRK like fashion.....

my $0.02

cheers

Zorro

That assumes that incremental capital can be put to work in the business at good returns.  That is not always the case.

my $0.02

cheers

Zorro

That assumes that incremental capital can be put to work in the business at good returns.  That is not always the case.

You are correct, and that was my assumption.  My continuing hope is that FFH continues to follow WEB into buying and holding great companies forever.....

cheers

Zorro