Accounting and economic news sources?

I'm not exposed to enough accounting and (somewhat unbiased) economic news as I'd like. Inevitably, the way we record financial information and general economic trends affect our rough estimate of intrinsic value for most companies. This board has several great discussions about some of these topics but I'm looking for a news source that comes out periodically. I read Bloomberg Businessweek on a weekly basis but it doesn't cover those topics as much as I'd like. So sum up here's what I'm looking for:

Accounting

-What new standards and rules are coming out?

-What rules/standards are being proposed and how far long are they in the process?

-Are there any major shifts in recording data under the current rules? For example, are lots of companies in industry "x" going from LIFO to FIFO?

Economics/Broad Finance

-Reader's digest version of BLS, Fed, and ECB releases.

-What's going on in banking that matters? New rules, regulations, structural shifts, etc.

-What's going on with LBOs, M&As, VC firms, bankruptcies and other financial transactions? Are they moving to larger or smaller companies? Are they moving into specific industries?

I know that some of these points are pretty broad. I'm not looking for just two periodical information sources. I want things that will hit on these main points but won't be 500+ pages of reading per week. Right now I'm finding bits of pieces of information on these from various major sources (WSJ, Businessweek, Economist, FT, etc.) but I have no stable news sources that repeatedly hit on these points.

Thank you!

I'm not exposed to enough accounting and (somewhat unbiased) economic news as I'd like. Inevitably, the way we record financial information and general economic trends affect our rough estimate of intrinsic value for most companies. This board has several great discussions about some of these topics but I'm looking for a news source that comes out periodically. I read Bloomberg Businessweek on a weekly basis but it doesn't cover those topics as much as I'd like. So sum up here's what I'm looking for:

Accounting

-What new standards and rules are coming out?

-What rules/standards are being proposed and how far long are they in the process?

-Are there any major shifts in recording data under the current rules? For example, are lots of companies in industry "x" going from LIFO to FIFO?

Economics/Broad Finance

-Reader's digest version of BLS, Fed, and ECB releases.

-What's going on in banking that matters? New rules, regulations, structural shifts, etc.

-What's going on with LBOs, M&As, VC firms, bankruptcies and other financial transactions? Are they moving to larger or smaller companies? Are they moving into specific industries?

I know that some of these points are pretty broad. I'm not looking for just two periodical information sources. I want things that will hit on these main points but won't be 500+ pages of reading per week. Right now I'm finding bits of pieces of information on these from various major sources (WSJ, Businessweek, Economist, FT, etc.) but I have no stable news sources that repeatedly hit on these points.

Thank you!

That depends what standards you're looking for... iasplus.com is what I would recommend...

Guest Schwab711

Accounting:

http://www.oldschoolvalue.com/blog/resources/best-accounting-websites-investors/

Some of these are pretty good. Specifically, I like http://grumpyoldaccountants.com/.

Never saw this one before (http://retheauditors.com/) but it seems to be perfect for headline reading.

Economic News:

seekingalpha.com - does a pretty good job of highlighting important economic/Fed news throughout the day.